0600 lockbar insert - how to remove?

Well, if the part in question is the anode, then yes.

well played. I was much over thinking the term in relation to just what needs to be involved to be called anode-izing and It was much simpler than I was making it. Still very interesting how two completely different methods get the same result. I guess kinda like a stove and a microwave.

Damn you guys, you've got me thinking about anodizing mine. And I learned something! Stop that!

Jim, it looks like the detent ball in the 0600 is pressed into the lock bar insert. That's different from the 0801, isn't it? Curious... :D

Jim, it looks like the detent ball in the 0600 is pressed into the lock bar insert. That's different from the 0801, isn't it? Curious... :D

We have been perfecting the concept as we go. It's more precise to drill the detent hole directly In the titanium, which results in a more consistent detent. As it stands, we like style used on the 0801.

well, the Krylon yellow didn't really improve the looks of my 0777 blade... or the handle... just looks all yellow...

just kidding...

I think if someone really wanted to darken a 0600 the oxy clean trick would be the best option. But if black was absolutely a must then i would try to find a place that does small batch DLC work that could put some tungsten on the thing. To me ceramkote is more of a coating for bush blades and things where glare and corrosion resistance is favored over aesthetics. Something that looks really really good is to do the oxyclean darkening and then thermal color the scale. The colors arent nearly as bright but you can get some very cool strider like looks especially if you have a torch with very thin flame.

Back