12 Year Old Owning A Sebenza, What Do You Have To Say About That?

I just bought a month old baby a Randall Made knife but he wont get it till he's 16, friend had a baby

can you purchase a knock off that looks similar? because I'm thinking the ol' switch-a-roo could benefit you here given the cirumstances...

I barely think I should own a knife that expensive. 12? nope. I would like to give my son a nice knife someday, but it'll probably have to wait until he's out of college. that's when I started taking care of my stuff.

can you purchase a knock off that looks similar? because I'm thinking the ol' switch-a-roo could benefit you here given the cirumstances...

I barely think I should own a knife that expensive. 12? nope. I would like to give my son a nice knife someday, but it'll probably have to wait until he's out of college. that's when I started taking care of my stuff.

Just what bladeforums needs, thieves. Go back to your hole.

My 11-yr-old Son has my old small Regular. He understands and appreciates its value, but at the same time, it does my heart good to know that he uses it harder than I ever did. :)

Can you please buy me one as well. I swear to everything holy that I will not only appreciate it ill use it too. I mean if you don't mind. In fact it would be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.. I can work it off.

I don't see why not? I saw a ten year old with a iPhone one day. And no, it wasn't his parents. He literally just pulled out a phone while waiting in the airport. That phone was worth more then my first car. People are just more spoiled these days.

I don't see why not? I saw a ten year old with a iPhone one day. And no, it wasn't his parents. He literally just pulled out a phone while waiting in the airport. That phone was worth more then my first car. People are just more spoiled these days.

Was it a phone or an ipod touch perhaps?

good point on the phone, they cost more than a sebenza and will certainly not last as long! If they are good about keeping up with their stuff, then why not? I was not ready at 12, but someone else might be

Im 16 and hoping to buy my first sebenza in the near future, but i have to work for everything i have.
i highly doubt he raised 415$.

good point on the phone, they cost more than a sebenza and will certainly not last as long! If they are good about keeping up with their stuff, then why not? I was not ready at 12, but someone else might be

You can get an older model iphone for about $49 with a service plan. I don't think that is nearly as silly as giving a 12 year old a sebenza. But I agree with some of the other posters, it's really none of my business what other people buy their kids.

This thread is one for which the oft used phrase "Haters gonna hate" seems oddly appropriate.

The kid likes knives and has a nice one. I fail to see the big deal.

This.

I had to work for my first good knife, but my parents were nowhere near rich.
I have no jealousy towards rich people though, so more power to the kid.
A $450 knife to his parents may have been like a $15 to mine.

Depends a whole lot on his maturity level. I've seen 12 year olds that are more mature than some adults and the other way around too. If he's responsible to know how to handle a knife properly and safely (even so accidents still happen), as well as not lose it, then I don't see the harm in it.

Back