18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

I'm sure I can speak for most everyone who pre-ordered when I say "Thank You" to the CPK Team (and Dr. Keffeler, Chad Pirtle, and Bennie Boo) for helping to make this thing a reality and keeping us drooling with anticipation!

Agreed it has been an amazing project and I am chomping at the bit like everyone to swing at my first tree, branch, shrub, the garage.. I appreciate and am flattered of being mentioned but I cannot lay any claim whatsoever to it. Looking forward to making some hoglegs for these beauties though!

Agreed it has been an amazing project and I am chomping at the bit like everyone to swing at my first tree, branch, shrub, the garage.. I appreciate and am flattered of being mentioned but I cannot lay any claim whatsoever to it. Looking forward to making some hoglegs for these beauties though!
That's what I'm talking bout. Whether or not you are directly involved in the blade production, you'll be providing some much needed (high-quality) scabbards for these K18s, which will be an impressive feat in itself.

...and Dan for the collaboration and testing, and Ben for the additional testing demos as well. Love seeing these in action.

View attachment 1489681

Working out the final details on the grip.

I can't wait for people to handle this thing. It is awesome.

I just wish I had a time machine! When Austin was on Season 2 of Knife or Death, if he could have taken this blade, the results would have been fantastic. That back edge on the straps! wow... And the longer handle and blade, will produce tremendous inertia.

My first 20" blade was a machete was a grooved Caribean Panga style made in England. Good steel. My brother bought it for me back in 1991 when he was serving in missions in Grenada. He learned how to carry and use it for the multitude of daily chores. From "mowing lawn" to opening coconuts, to trimming limbs, carving, etc... I used mine for almost 20 years before hanging it on the shelf.

My favorite 18" blade for the last 15 years has been in my truck, on my ATV and in my tractor constantly. We have over 6 miles of fenceline to maintain and Canadian thistles to battle. It's a Martindale Tapanga style with a blde profile fairly similar to the Nathan sword. Squarish front end, with a "flair" up on the end of spine … and I have grown so fond of what that can do for me.... The "heft" and function are very helpful in a many situations....

This word will get used, and I cant wait to do a "30 day carry" challenge with it.

This is a very impressive slab of 3V with a beautiful almost-mirror finish. Feels great one-handed or two. Insanely sharp... not at all the type of thing that should be carried around in slippery snow unsheathed...
Thank you CPK!
View attachment 1498304 View attachment 1498305

That first picture shows the sharpened Top Spine (7 1/2 inches I believe?), Thanks for posting and Congrats:thumbsup:

Back