1K Giveaway!

I would love to enter your GAW. I remember you telling about loosing your brother. I do not have a boy scout knife and would like the chance to do so.

I'm in.

One of my knives I inherited from my grandfather on my dad's side.

As a child my grandfather would sit and clean and trim his nails with a pocket knife. After watching this I took his knife our of the key/change dish and tried to trim my nails. The result was a cut half way through the nail and beneath. 1/2 way to the cuticle. My grandpa was amused. He told me it was a good lesson on what not to do with a pocket knife. I was probably 5 or 6 years old.

Just thought I would give this thread one more bump. If there isn't too much more interest I will do the drawing tomorrow.

I'm in. And thanks for sharing that touching story. I'm posting this picture because it reminds me of my Dad taking my brother and me on fishing trips to Wisconsin. The reason I like the scout knife is that it reminds me of one my Dad gave me for my first knife, but I don't have any pictures of it.

I'm in, she would join my '29 edition. :D
Baden_Powell.jpg

This is my father's knife. For years he would come home from a long day of blue-collar work and empty his pockets on the bedroom counter. This knife always came out, along with a pocket full of change, then went back in the next day. He did the re-profile on an old Whetstone after breaking the tip. I touched it up on a WSKO a while back. I carry this knife when I'm feeling sentimental.

c57254ead063fc5de07b03238ea9f166.jpg

I used to have a scout knife when I was a Cub Scout, pretty much identical to what you're showing. If I win this lottery, I think I will donate the knife to Edgar, provided I get his dad's approval. Edgar is a 12-year-old that just joined our scout troop. He and his family don't have much.

Thanks for this great and generous idea!

Last edited:
Good morning! I would love to enter your giveaway if I am still able, apologies for the last minute entry. I have never had a scout style knife, though I always loved seeing them in the movies I would watch as a boy. It was also the choice style of a few of my brothers as their first knife. When my dad passed away, my mother had me go through his knife drawer and document what he stashed in there. I scooped up the two knives you see below, the Schrade being my very first knife and the Imperial being one of my Dad's. I was going through the pictures I took of his collection the other day and noticed a battered scout style knife amidst the clutter of worn out users. I do not know who the manufacturer is and cannot tell from the pic, but it had quite a patina and was missing its bail. In any case, I am kind of kicking myself for not grabbing that up too, not entirely certain what mom ended up doing with the remaining knives...

O1fJZ1Y.jpg

tJszqxw.jpg

Thank you for the generous giveaway, such a wonderful way to commemorate your brother.

Since there were a good number of new entries I will let this go one more day

All right. It is time. The random number generator has given me 17. Let's see who that is...

And the winner is... Jack Black

OK Jack, PM me your address and I will get that shipped off tomorrow. :)

Thank you everyone for entering.

Blimey! This is one of the reasons I rarely enter giveaways - I seem to have the devil's luck! :eek: :D This will be a real special knife for me Abbydaddy, PM incoming :) :thumbup:

@abbydaddy, thanks again for the GOW. Congrats to the winner!

Congratulations, Jack, on winning the fine scout knife! :thumbup: (I looked back at your entry, and I hope some day you'll give more details about the Lost Scouts that you and Paul founded. Sounds intriguing, Scout's Honor! ;))

Thanks for your generous GAW, abbydaddy, and congrats on reaching the 1000-post milestone! :cool:

- GT

Congratulations, Jack, on winning the fine scout knife! :thumbup: (I looked back at your entry, and I hope some day you'll give more details about the Lost Scouts that you and Paul founded. Sounds intriguing, Scout's Honor! ;))

Thanks for your generous GAW, abbydaddy, and congrats on reaching the 1000-post milestone! :cool:

- GT

I second 5K's request for further illumination of the Lost Scouts mystery :)

Thanks folks :)

I looked back at your entry, and I hope some day you'll give more details about the Lost Scouts that you and Paul founded. Sounds intriguing, Scout's Honor! ;)

Both me and Paul, though very Scoutish types, with an interest in Scoutish things, never, for differing reasons, made it into the Boy Scouts. We are therefore The Lost Scouts! ;) :thumbup:

Back