1st Friday Production Updates

I just had a thought... With Survive co-locating with Millit does that mean that the GSO knives are also going to be built by them with oversight by Guy?
That could really clear out the backlog. :D

I just had a thought... With Survive co-locating with Millit does that mean that the GSO knives are also going to be built by them with oversight by Guy?
That could really clear out the backlog. :D
I think guy will still be involved in the gso series, millit will be doing the machining. Yes this should get things moving much faster!

So, does that mean I can stop by the new shop and pickup my GSO-6 when it gets built so I don't have to pay for shipping AND taxes at the same time. because I go through Meridian almost very f***ing day.

May 2018

1st Friday Production Update:

Current Production:
  • GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 blanks are being fine tuned on the surface grinder.
  • Guy is doing some grinding touch ups on the GSO-4 Limited bevels.
  • Surface finishing GSO-4.1 blanks as they come off the surface grinder.
  • GSO-3.5 / SK-3.5 handle machining will be getting setup this month.
  • Microtexturing handles for GSO-4.1, GSO-7/7, and GSO-4 Limited.
  • Building, sharpening, and shipping GSO-7/7 and GSO-4.1 Preorders, as well as the weekly sales orders.
  • The last GSO-12 / SK-12 blanks will be profile machined over the next couple of weeks. Those will be headed off to heat treating next.
  • It is looking a lot like time to cut GSO/SK-6 blanks!
There will be a lot going on this month, be sure to follow us @surviveknives on Instagram for weekly updates with more details!
Future Production:
  • Production is scheduled to continue in the following order:
  • Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7.
SURVIVE! News:

As many of you know, we have not had any knives listed for sale in the past few months. For those of you that have been waiting for sales to open up again, we are expecting to be caught up on those existing orders in the next couple of months. Look for a newsletter announcing availability this summer!

June 2018

Current Production:
  • We are continuing to surface finish GSO-4.1s and GSO-7/7s over the next week. This will get us enough finished blades for most of the remaining GSO-4.1 Preorders and all of the original GSO-7/7 Starter orders. An end is definitely in sight for the GSO-4.1 run and we're making great progress on the GSO-7/7s.
  • We're also building, sharpening, and shipping GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 Preorders, as well as weekly sales orders. We've already microtextured a bunch of handles, so expect a whole lot of shipping labels over the next few weeks. The builds are going well and the finished knives are looking fantastic!
  • The GSO-4 Limited run is right behind the GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7s. The materials are all in house and the Preorder handles have all been microtextured. The blades need a little bit more attention before heading to surface finishing, which should happen in the next few weeks.
  • GSO-3.5 / SK-3.5 handles are scheduled to start being machined. We'll already have surface finished blades waiting, so these will begin shipping once handles and sheaths are finishing up.
  • GSO-12 / SK-12 blanks are all cut and perimeter machined! These will be heading to Peters' Heat Treating this month. You'll see a LOT more of these on our Instagram soon.
  • The GSO-6 / SK-6 files are getting finalized and cutting will start soon. We'll post photo and video updates as cutting begins.
Future Production:
  • Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7.

What does this even mean at this point? My order is from September 2016 and still "awaiting fulfillment."

When exactly can we expect the 4 limited and 7/7 to be finished?

Perhaps I don't understand the knife business well enough, but if I were selling knives so well that filling preorders with prepayment was no issue, then certainly I could hire more folks, buy more equipment and charge more for the knives till it would seem I had reached the max price the market would bear. Therefore, unless it is a matter that the owner wants to personally touch every knife that comes off the production line, Survive! could spend some of its prepayments on more folks and more equipment, else, for all those waiting, just sit back and realize that the wait will not get better....ever.

Bottom line, if Survive! wanted to get things moving faster, they could....they have had too much time to show otherwise.

Would be encouraging to see some of these shipments getting into folks' hands. Would like to see where the progress really is on the 4.1s (post Starter Campaign sales) are.

Perhaps I don't understand the knife business well enough, but if I were selling knives so well that filling preorders with prepayment was no issue, then certainly I could hire more folks, buy more equipment and charge more for the knives till it would seem I had reached the max price the market would bear. Therefore, unless it is a matter that the owner wants to personally touch every knife that comes off the production line, Survive! could spend some of its prepayments on more folks and more equipment, else, for all those waiting, just sit back and realize that the wait will not get better....ever.

Bottom line, if Survive! wanted to get things moving faster, they could....they have had too much time to show otherwise.

In actuality the prices did increase across the board on all models throughout the subsequesnt releases (i.e. pre-orders, pre-sales,....), the move south was to hopefully relieve the wait and in the long run we hope that comes to fuition but in the meantime its still appears at a slow-go rate.

Was really hoping to see some sort of new news on the 3.5s, the words were pretty much regurgitated and the news on the 4.1s of pre-orders up to and including JULY2015 orders, without going through the archives I thought that time frame pretty much covered the Starters. How many pre-order runs were offered after the Starter Campaign?

July 2018

Current Production:

We've been spending the past few months behind the scenes: getting machines setup, blades cleaned up and surface finished, and handles microtextured. All of that is paying off now with orders coming together and getting shipped out in large batches! Current shipments include:
  • GSO-4.1 Preorders up to and including July 2015
  • GSO-7/7 Starter orders
  • GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 Factory 2nds
    • By the end of this month, we will be working on the weekly sales from August 2017. All weekly sales orders are scheduled to be fulfilled within the next 3 months.
There is still a lot going on in the background as we work on finishing the remaining GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 blades, as well as the following models:
  • The GSO-4 Limited Preorders are moving along. Blades are getting surface ground this month and will be heading to surface finishing next.
  • Handle materials are starting to arrive for the GSO-3.5 and SK-3.5 runs. Once we have sample sets of handles, sheath production can get setup. With these materials finishing up, we are adding stacks of GSO-3.5 blades to the surface finishing schedule!
  • GSO-12 / SK-12 blade blanks are heading to Peters' Heat Treating in small batches. Why small batches? To make sure these monsters are getting the best heat treat possible. #craftnotcrap
  • The GSO-6 / SK-6 files are getting finalized before blanks begin cutting. Make sure you are following @surviveknives on Instagram to know exactly when these are on the water jet!
Future Production:

Was really hoping to see some sort of new news on the 3.5s, the words were pretty much regurgitated and the news on the 4.1s of pre-orders up to and including JULY2015 orders, without going through the archives I thought that time frame pretty much covered the Starters. How many pre-order runs were offered after the Starter Campaign?
Every model had starter orders, pre-orders, pre-sales, and weekly sales.
I have two GSO 3.5 pre-orders placed a year and a half apart, so the pre-order phase can last a long time.
I'm curious about when the SK 3.5 will be in stock, for sale and ready to ship.
To answer your implied question I think that all of the 4.1 Starter orders have been filled.

Every model had starter orders, pre-orders, pre-sales, and weekly sales.
Small correction, buddy, if I may.. As far as I remember ( I might be wrong), not all the models were part of the Starter Campaign.. I think the 6, 4.5, 10 and 8 were not.
Cheers!

What are microtextured handles?
I'll let Guy explain, please see the links:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAAxOcJbgz/?taken-by=surviveknives
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAKljkJbji/?taken-by=surviveknives
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFCB7zJbk7/?taken-by=surviveknives

Basically, older handles had a smooth finish that was kinda' slick, especially on G10. Since about 2 years ago, S!K made all their new generation knives with microtextured scales/handles. Hope this answers your question... Cheers!

Small correction, buddy, if I may.. As far as I remember ( I might be wrong), not all the models were part of the Starter Campaign.. I think the 6, 4.5, 10 and 8 were not.
Cheers!
An excellent point, I stand corrected! :D

I'll let Guy explain, please see the links:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAAxOcJbgz/?taken-by=surviveknives
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAKljkJbji/?taken-by=surviveknives
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFCB7zJbk7/?taken-by=surviveknives

Basically, older handles had a smooth finish that was kinda' slick, especially on G10. Since about 2 years ago, S!K made all their new generation knives with microtextured scales/handles. Hope this answers your question... Cheers!

Ah can't see them as I don't have any social media accounts

Unwise, you should still be able to view them. I dont have social media either and can still view survives instagram page.

Back