Less Fixing, More Finishing!
Have you been keeping up with our weekly WIP Wednesday posts on Instagram, @surviveknives? If so, you already know the exciting news from last week! Guy has been fixing misshapen handles for months in a precise but slow process. After seeing posts about this hand work the folks down at Millit asked about the issue and we were able to put our heads together to come up with some faster processes. They set Guy up on one of their CNC machines and in a few days he was able to complete all of the GSO-4.1 handles, GSO-4 Limited handles for existing preorders, and many of the GSO-7/7 handles.
In addition to handles, they are also going to be helping out with cleaning up some heavy machining lines and fine tuning some mismatched primary bevels. This will free up the SURVIVE! Workshop to stop worrying about fixing materials and start focusing on finishing knives.
- While Guy's trip has put things on the fast track, it did cause a small delay in getting out the orders that are currently being worked on in the SURVIVE! Workshop. Those orders that were meant to ship last month will be heading out over the next two weeks. This includes:
- GSO-4 Limited sheaths have started to arrive in our workshop!
- The GSO-3.5 handles will be here soon, allowing us to nail down the sheath design. It should only be another couple of months before these are showing up in mailboxes.
- We are still working out some final details and a release date for the SK-3.5 so stay tuned.
- Check out the GSO-12 / SK-12 on the water-jet, click here!
- The GSO-6 / SK-6 will be getting cut out next.