2/18/2013 outage

I can't tell you why you wouldn't have email access but that sounds like a local issue

It's not really running slowly today, but I'm having trouble posting replies. It hangs then the page times out. or replies just don't post at all.

Last edited:
Spark, it does not appear to be a local issue to me. I'd be interested in Trelane's opinion.

Mitigation is still going on, we've added a couple new apache modules for specific attacks and that seemed to clear out issues almost immediately. Work ongoing.

virus protection
The only interference is with iTunes downloads because it insists on evaluating the files and they get out of synch. (took me a while to figure that one out.)

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. However, both my browsers reported they couldn't even find Google. (There's an oxymoron in that, somewhere.)

I'll chock it up to gremlins. Either that or the hamsters who work in the box took a coffee break.

Anybody noticing a severe slow-down in the last 20 minutes or so? Attempting to post a reply in the Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment forum, and there's absolutely no movement. Can't get to the Advanced Editor, nor am I able to post a quick reply (keeps telling me, 'This webpage is not available').

And yet, posting here in this thread isn't presenting any problems. :confused:

To update, the whole thing seems to have been somehow related to using 'Reply With Quote', which seemed to hang everything up. I omitted the quoted portion from my reply, and all-of-a-sudden, it seems to work. I have no idea...; if this seems completely unrelated to the site outage issues, please disregard. :confused:

David

Last edited:
Had trouble, just getting in the door yesterday. Once in, loading a page and or trying to post or reply to messages, were extremely slow to not working at all.

So far today, things seem to be back to normal.

Site seemed completely inaccessible again this afternoon. Started very similar in behavior to the incident I described yesterday; everything seemed to stop cold, when I attempted to post a reply via the editor. Couldn't access the site at all (wouldn't connect) for the better part of an hour, following that.

David

I mentioned this in another thread, and then thought maybe I should have put it in this one.

Several of us weren't able to log on tonight for about an hour. 9:00 Eastern time.

I've had problems getting on a good bit lately, but this was the longest in took in over a week.

Good luck.

^^^ Yeah, me too. I was in the middle of a lengthy post, too.

Thank goodness for vBulletin's 'auto save' feature, because it remembered the post and I added it once I got back in again. That's a good feature.

Kludgy this month.

Coop

Was trying to load today (11:30am eastern), and after about a minute it would say...Internet Explorer could not find website.
Tried 15 min, and gave up. Tried again at 12:45pm, and after trying 15min it got on. Same thing thats been happening.
This is the only site that is doing it.
Thanks.

Back