• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 of these available

any input guys on what you'd like to see in these chopper knives any feedback on my drawing

here is another rough draft this one is 13.5 inches long blade is 2.750 inches wide at widest point when i do these they are going to take some time you guys will have to be patient ok

Attachments

• chopper 3.jpg
    chopper 3.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I'm impressed - what have you got left and how much is the chopper - thanks!

I have 6 hollow ground blades and 1flat ground blade the chopper is coming but still havent got a price yet will keep you updated on it though

Put me down for a flat ground blade. BTW, I see where I got confused with the blade thickness, you stated above that the blade width would be 2.75 at the widest point.

Hell, put me down for a chopper as well.

One suggestion that I'll throw in----I really love the "scalloping" (not sure what the right word would be) on these smaller knives, but would suggest either not doing it at all or only doing it down on the bottom of the scales where the fingers are for the chopper and not up top next to the palm. I chopped with a big knife done with the whole handle textured this way and man could it wear blisters in your hand. :eek:

the choppers will all be flat ground and the handles will not be textured like the smaller knives too rough on the hands will get back ewith you guys on a price

got a final drawing getting a quote on the waterjet will let yall know anybody else want one of these little monsters before I start focusing on the beast 6 hollow ground 1 flat ground left thanks

I am interested in the pricing as well. Is the blade going to be 13.5", or is that the overall length? If that is overall, what is the blade length? Will it really be 2.75" wide? Is it going to be .25" thick? What steel type?

Thanks

Hi Sgt Major,
I have not received my first blade as yet but go ahead and put me on the list for the big boy.
Thanks,
Maj. Rick

overall length is going to be around 13" the blade is gonna be around 7.5" the thickness will be .250" and blade width 2.750" any suggestions think I might make some of the little drop points like I made my daughter too Major Rick your 1st knife is on the way

Got the knife today. Perfect balance and feel. If you have the $ i'd pick one up. This thing is sick!

Knife and it was well worth the extra few days wait! Great (near perfect) balance! Great in the hand. And cuts air!
Thanks,
Maj. Rick

Back