2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: Blade markings -- *INPUT NEEDED*

I mean all he sent me in email was that he needed a pic of both sides for the blade markings. Didn't mention that bumping up the price.

I mean all he sent me in email was that he needed a pic of both sides for the blade markings. Didn't mention that bumping up the price.
I emailed him a couple hours ago asking for clarification on whether marking both sides would cost more, so hopefully we'll have a definitive answer late tonight or early tomorrow.

Sorry, I didn't see that this was an active post in the forum knife project. I vote for Scurvy092's front in post #7 and the rear in post #14. I think having the "extra" lettering in a protected location is not only elegant, it is practical. My only comment, is that I think the side with the DDR logo should have the "x of y" serial number, and the side with the HTM logo should have the S90V legend. It would be fantastic to have both sides marked, and I see that the final answer on that is waiting input from Darrel. I think you have to consider that this is a very special "project" knife- the will of the forum, not a one-off custom for a single buyer- so it is worthy of special maker markings. Does anyone know if this is the first ever bladeforum member's project knife? I would be surprised if there was another. That's a long way to say that I think the S90V is a special HTM offering, and the serial number edition is Darrel's concession to the forum. Just my 2 cents.

If it is going to add to the price, I can try to work up another crappy MS Paint with relevant info only on one side.

I think I like this the best (my apologies for my lame MSPaint skillz):

DDR.jpg

And then on the other side where the cts-xhp is, put the 1 of xx

Super clean IMHO

Maybe for symmetry, put the HTM logo where I put the DDR logo (I like that location, unique but not intrusive) and the number where the blade steel is.

Like so:

DDR2-1.jpg

These are the two pictures that everyone seemed to agree on. If needed I might be able to get these cleaned up to make it more clear or I can talk to Darrel directly to make sure everything comes across correctly.

I always thought blades marked on the spine were neat looking. Maybe put DDR on the presentation side, the steel on the other and the serial number and HTM on the spine?

Wish I had seen this sooner. A 1/4" thick blade with markings on the spine would have been awesome! In 3V of course. I know its s90v.

These are the two pictures that everyone seemed to agree on. If needed I might be able to get these cleaned up to make it more clear or I can talk to Darrel directly to make sure everything comes across correctly.
We are proceeding with the MARKING!!!!This is it! Thanks!

Back