2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

The green is growing on me, what is not growing on me is the lack of a official update on the Bowie blade situation. Darrel or Neuron PLEASE take a moment to inform us of their situation and anything else that would be relevant.
Thanks...
I never got a substantive update from Lacey (HTM's customer service rep) that was promised a couple Mondays ago. I'll email Darrel to bug him directly about it.

Last edited:
I've been absent for awhile but just got word that the fixed ones may start shipping early next week.

Really excited.

Still waiting on 2 torpedo's. Paid the balance 2 weeks ago after I got the word from Lacey that they were ready.

I never got a substantive update from Lacey (HTM's customer service rep) that was promised a couple Mondays ago. I'll email Darrel to bug him directly about it.

I was also promised a phone call a couple Mondays ago that never came.

I asked about it yesterday (Wednesday) and was told that Mike, Darrel's partner in running HTM -- Mike is the guy who handles more of the business/logistics stuff, while Darrel's focus is on the design/manufacturing side -- was out of the shop today, but that he'd be in today (Thursday). I'll follow up later today and pass along what I find.

My Torpedo is shipping today. Really excited. I have some awful work scheduled for it to do. Mine will be scratched and beat up in no time! Cannot wait.

My Torpedo is shipping today. Really excited. I have some awful work scheduled for it to do. Mine will be scratched and beat up in no time! Cannot wait.
Nothing new on the Bowies I guess? I hope the replacement blades were, or will, be run as hard as the first batch.
I look forward to hearing about your real world hard use.
Best....

Nothing new on the Bowies I guess? I hope the replacement blades were, or will, be run as hard as the first batch.
I look forward to hearing about your real world hard use.
Best....

I could have sworn she said the fixed blades were to start shipping next week but I could be wrong. No idea. I couldn't even remember which version I ordered until I found the old e-mail I sent them. Hopefully this all gets worked out soon enough. This was a daunting project from the start, and I think we all knew there would be some speed bumps along the way. Shoot, I am 9 months out on a custom rifle build and it cost way more than this.

Sorry I didn't call Peter's yet Ray, I've been crazy busy at work this week!! Two jobs is rough sometimes, but I I'll have the time this week.

Just checked my email:( still no shipping notice. Does it really take HTM more than two weeks to put a #26 on a blade and sharpen it or is there more to the story? Hope not!

I just spoke to Lacy (she is very nice and helpful) to pay the final installment on my knife - I ordered the Bowie blade. She said that the plan was to focus on the Forum knives as the top priority following the return of the staff from the Blade show that is coming up. She had to order new steel to re-do the Bowie blades, but she didn't have any information about why the blades needed to be replaced. Her guess was that the Bowie bladed Forum knives would be ready about the second or third week of June. I'm all paid up, so now I just need to wait for nature to take its course. There was a small error in the way my name was recorded, so it was good that I called. Wonder why I didn't order a Torpedo blade.....

I just got my Torpedo bladed knife in. Its spectacular, solid lock up, and I can't force any play in it. Its buttery smooth too. Really excited. It has a couple imperfections, which I love. It has that made by hand look and feel while being mechanically perfect, which is really what a mid tech represents to me. No one would ever mistake this thing for being stamped out in a Chinese factory. Its perfect where it needs to be, and beautiful and flawed where it shouldn't be perfect. Its a great size and the blade to handle ratio must be seen to be appreciated. I feel like I got my moneys worth of S90V. This thing is truly half blade steel.

Oh, one more thing. Other makers that send pouches with their knives take note, this thing would survive a nuclear winter. I hate getting those silly little micro fiber pouches that some manufacturers send. This thing is darn near ready for a padlock and you could ship it.

This was worth the wait for me. Thanks to everyone for their input and I'll try and take some pictures when I get back into town. I cannot wait to see how the Bowie's turned out. Thanks Neuron and Hark and the team at HTM! This was a pretty big undertaking and I'm pleased with the results.

I got mine in today, Called Lacey and got my Bowie blade changed to a torpedo blade, great knife!. The action with max glide bearings is perfect, and it arrived nice and sharp. I really think they got the QC thing taken care of, All I can say is Thanks Lacey your the best. All the best Martin

For the love of god when will my Gunhammer leave HTM? Tried calling today..... No answer:mad:

Last edited:
I stropped the edge a tad today to clean it up a little. It's shaving sharp and push cuts newspaper. It's also smoothed out in the pivot to almost no feeling at all. It's just great. Sorry to be bragging, but I really like my forum GH2.

I know getting the Bowie blades out is priority #1. Maybe you guys will get a special treat for waiting?

I'm wondering how much grief I can give the people at the HTM booth next week without pissing them off.

For the love of god when will my Gunhammer leave HTM? Tried calling today..... No answer:mad:

I called last Monday afternoon. Claimed that there was a problem on the finish on the 2 torpedo blades I have on order. Promised me it would ship today. Still no tracking.

I got mine in today, Called Lacey and got my Bowie blade changed to a torpedo blade, great knife!. The action with max glide bearings is perfect, and it arrived nice and sharp. I really think they got the QC thing taken care of, All I can say is Thanks Lacey your the best. All the best Martin

How long was the turnaround once you confirmed your torpedo blade.

Back