2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

I have some bad news guys. Darrell should hopefully be coming in soon to elaborate.

I called to settle up on mine and was informed that ALL of the Bowie blades need to be redone. Apparently there was an issue when cutting them and they all had to be scrapped. The Torpedos came out fine but the Bowies will be delayed for an unknown period of time.

I was told I would get a call back Monday with a better idea of how long it would take.

Unfortunate but sounds like Darrell is doing the right thing to make things right, if he says there not ready then there not ready. I for one have no problem waiting, things happen.

Weren't those blades cut out a while ago? Why am I only hearing this now, from someone other than Darrel? I'm trying to be understanding but the complete lack of communication is making it tough.

Weren't those blades cut out a while ago? Why am I only hearing this now, from someone other than Darrel? I'm trying to be understanding but the complete lack of communication is making it tough.

I tried to get clarification but they didn't say exactly. If I had to guess, it had to be an issue they only found out about during assembly? Maybe the geometry on the tangs weren't right or something.

I'd rather he get it right than send out inferior blades, so this does not bother me. Let's just hope this is done in a timely fashion.

quality is always the most important factor. I think all that matters is that they are correct. I have other knives I can carry in the meantime.

I'll be giving Darrel a call today and will post an update this evening.

Just got off the phone with Darrel -- he said they'll have an update on Monday on the timeline for the Bowie blades. Also some other updates not directly related to the forum knife, which I'll be posting in another thread later today.

Glad I got a torpedo coming!! I know I promised a member that they could have mine so if you read this PM me or email me! Sorry I dont recall who I promised! Its been so long! For the bowie people, good luck! You ll probably get your knife maybe for xmas!?

Darrel can put a Radian blade on mine instead of the Bowie and I'd be more than happy!! I have yet to be contacted by Darrel about any further payment??

Darrel can put a Radian blade on mine instead of the Bowie and I'd be more than happy!! I have yet to be contacted by Darrel about any further payment??

+1 lol.

The bowie people should get the option of Radian blades to make up for it!! They have to be recut anyway so why not hahaha.

+1 lol.

The bowie people should get the option of Radian blades to make up for it!! They have to be recut anyway so why not hahaha.

I'm being serious, I asked about a Radian right off the hop, I'd be more than happy to have one on mine.

Mine just arrived minutes ago, serial #13. *Pics posted in the forum gunhammer picture thread*

Let me just give a quick review based on handling it for a few minutes.
First off, let me say that the green turned out amazing in my opinion. In certain light it appears as a hunter green and in other light its a bright toxic green. I think it's super cool!
The stonewashing on the blade is great, its a nice light-toned stonewashing but will take a lot of use and won't show it, which is why many love stonewashing.
The blade is perfectly centered, I mean 100% centered. Dead on centered! The unassisted, maxx-glide bearing system works flawlessly. It flips like a dream. Lockup is right at 50% and is like a bank vault. No wiggle left to right or up and down.
The edge is a bit toothy in my estimation, it still glides through paper but doesnt have that feeling that when you barely bump your skin it will sink deep. I call it a great working edge.

The only complaint I could have with this is a complaint I've seen and heard before with the gunhammers and I fully knew about before signing up for one. It's that when the blade is closed, the tolerance is so close that the tip of the blade and the edge of the handle scale are almost exactly the same so that the potential is there to catch a finger or clothing on that very very tip. I don't see myself having any issue with it, but it is something that others may find annoying.

Gotta say thank you and congratulations to Darrel for seeing this project through and turning out such an incredible knife. Also a big thanks to neuron for being our go-to for communication and questions etc. You guys nailed it.

CURSES! Shows as having been delivered, but there's no key in my box, and no package at my door (not that they should be leaving a package that small at my door).

Haven't seen any email from DDR requesting payment, is there any way to find out if our knife is ready and just waiting for us to settle up?

/jr

Back