2017 Summer Kitchen KITH.

Just a reminder, we have two international members, so those items can take up to a month to arrive. Canada to US is usually about 10-20 days.
My experience with Western Europe is that it takes that long only if customs decides to sit on it and I have only had that happen once in the UK and maybe once in Germany.

Just a reminder, we have two international members, so those items can take up to a month to arrive. Canada to US is usually about 10-20 days.

Goddammit, 10-20 days to Canada? Are we talking about the Canada that is actually attached to the US? :D

That actually surprises me. I'm on Vancouver Island (Canada side of the San Juan islands) an I've always found to and from California to be cheaper and often faster than to and from Alberta.
But that might be more a factor of USPS vs Canada Post than anything else

That actually surprises me. I'm on Vancouver Island (Canada side of the San Juan islands) an I've always found to and from California to be cheaper and often faster than to and from Alberta.
But that might be more a factor of USPS vs Canada Post than anything else

I get stuff from the UK way faster than to and from the US. Hopefully everyone gets their items quickly. :thumbsup:

Nothing seems to make sense with the post office.... I've always found Canada-us to be fast, domestic varies a lot, and China can be anywhere from faster than local up to a couple months

Some of the quickest and cheapest I have seen is Japan-US.

Man, I wish I was still in this. The knives are looking great guys :thumbsup:
-Tanner
Willi
I spoke with Timos who ran the kith last year, and he's too busy to do it this year. If there's interest, I'll run it. I'm thinking being finished September 1st. It'll be open to everyone, and any type of kitchen knife, excepting paring knives. If you are going to do smaller knives, like steak knives, maybe do a pair, rather than a single knife.

If you are wondering what this is all about, here is the rules thread from last year:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/kitchen-knife-kith-summer-2016-sept-5th-deadline.1393099/

Here's a link to the completed knives last year.
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/kitchen-knife-kith-2016-im-ready-thread.1415078/

So, if there's interest, I'll post up the rules, and we'll have some fun. Post "I'm in, I'll have a knife ready for September 1st."

Edit: for the newer guys: a general guideline is knives between 5-10" long, forged or stock removal is fine. If you've only done a couple, and aren't sure of geometry, a full flat grind works well, (some use d-grinds, chisel grinds, s-grinds, or various offset grinds etc.) less than 0.010" before sharpening, with 0.005" or less being considered a fine edge, (although some applications may differ). Most of us use 1/8" (0.125") stock or thinner, and with 1/8", a distal taper is recommended. These aren't"rules" but just basic recommendations if you aren't sure. I do most in 3/32". No one expects perfection, but do your best on fit and finish. This is an inclusive project, and the most important thing is to do your personal best. Newer members learn from more experienced members. To me, that is the main point. I want to give back to a community that shared a lot of knowledge with me.

A saya, stand, or sheath is strongly recommended. Don't hesitate to,pm or email me if you have any questions.

People interested: (only committed if complete by Midnight 01 September 2017.)

Kuraki
MNavarro
Currenthill
Timos
AlaskanHunter
Geoff Flato
Stacy E. Apelt
BartlettBlades
Brock Cutlery
Willie71 (Warren)
Kevin McGovern
xXBackyardCrafterXx
Milk baby
Jay Griesser
Skillgannon
Steve Beckwith
autogateman
Greenbergwoods
Fish30114
Jdm61

If I missed you, send me a message.

Warren
jay Griesser
157 Sorrento rd
Kissimmee Fl 34759
863 427 2121

Jay, can you send me an e-mail so I can send you the address of your recipient please.

Warren

Back