2017 Summer Kitchen KITH.

Getting close! I'm about halfway through the Tru-oil, and started in on a saya.
0H1iGCZ.jpg

iuiRRSX.jpg
Beautiful work. Can you send photos of the saya?

Beautiful knife. Where did you get the cool case. Do they come in sizes?

Thanks.
I got a few of them a while back at a local gun/knife show. They do come in several sizes. They smallest I have is around 7in the largest is 21
I believe they might be available on ebay and kg supplies.

I am done. I made a chopper with ABE-L steel. The handle is green spalded burl maple from Oregon. I am ready to ship.
Jay Griesser

Unfortunately, I need to once again be out.
I came home from work today to find that someone broke into my house and stole both of my chainsaws, my digital camera, a ghille suit and all of my pattern welded knives and sheaths, so I have nothing to contribute.
Sorry to be so inconsistent, but maybe next time.
~billyO

I came home from work today to find that someone broke into my house and stole both of my chainsaws, my digital camera, a ghille suit and all of my pattern welded knives and sheaths, so I have nothing to contribute.
Sorry to be so inconsistent, but maybe next time.
~billyO
Sorry about that. Thieves suck

I'm sorry to hear that. I had my entire knife collection stolen a few years ago, so I can feel your pain

Dang, that really sucks. I hate thieves.

Isn't this the second year in a row somebody had to drop out because of thieves stealing their stuff? Dang.

Dang, that really sucks. I hate thieves.

Isn't this the second year in a row somebody had to drop out because of thieves stealing their stuff? Dang.

Yes, it was a truck that was broken into last year. Iirc, it was pleasanthill that was the victim. :thumbsdown:

All done, ready to ship. More ready to get my greasy mitts on one of the beautiful knives you all have done!
This one is (fine, i surrender to the metric system, since that's what all the cool kids are doing)
AEB-L- 62rc
330mm total length
190mm blade length
45mm high
2.3mm thick at spine
distal taper- tip back 1/3 to the butt
.010" behind the edge ( gotta go murcan measure at some point!)
Handle- Ipe/ G-10 liners
Saya- Cherry (with some unexpected curl) and Red Leaf Maple
Peg is 1/4" dowel with a bead from my daughter's craft tub (she won't miss it, there must be 1000 of those things in a big plastic tub in the playroom)
I hope it finds a good home.
On a side note, this may be the sharpest thing I have ever created.

IMG_20170829_102112505.jpg IMG_20170829_102211242.jpg

Just a couple days left. I'm nearly done, but had almost no time this past week to finish it up. I'll make sure I'm done by the deadline though.

I'll update the in/out list later today.

Back