1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2017 - Tons Of New Items Listed!

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by insta9ves, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    SR1, Khan, Immortal and Golden eye look decent.

I can NOT believe they still have not offered the recon series without a black blade, for fig sake Cold Steel, how hard is it?!?!?!

2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    the drop forges im liking a lot right now and the black bear...couple others i need to look at harder to decide. most of the folders aint doing anything for me......so be it.

i reserve the right to change my mind later.;)

3. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Feb 27, 2010
    SR1 and GoldenEye look interesting to me. Funny the premium for carbon fiber on the GoldenEye. What is this 1989?

4. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Well since they switched to the DLC coating I haven't heard many people complain. I love the new coating. The Teflon was terrible.

5. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Agreed. DLC is the shisnit. :D

6. willrise

willrise Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2003
    I may need t have :
    Drop Forged Bowie and Black Bear Bowie Machete

7. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    Any more info on the 4Max being made in Italy now? Any other changes? Same price?

8. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Drop forged survivalist and SR1 for sure! I also like the earth brown trench hawk, black bear bowie machete and XHP vaquero voyager.Cold steel we need a clip point xhp voyager with the same colors!

9. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    Drop Forged Survivalist is a nice looking knife. In their product description the blade is described as being based on the Recon Scout! Really like the looks of the 1849 Rifleman's Knife too.

10. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    I like the Rifleman's Knife blade, but not so much the shape of the handle, with that big "knob" at the end....if it was more subtle I would like it a lot better. Like the drop forged boot knife.

11. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
    SR1 is decent design, Immortal - pure mall ninja.

12. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I agree their new DLC is fantastic in function, but it's not fair to only offer a black blade, some people don't want everything black and tactical. Would be so easy to just leave it satin or stonewashed, save them the extra machining costs and you'd have a whole new path of options.

13. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    Yeah, you'd think they would offer that option. No idea why they don't.

14. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    The Frenzy looks pretty good and at a blade length of 5.5" seems to indicate that CS hasn't abandoned new XL folder designs completely. The Immortal looks great [although you'd think CS could have come up with a better photo] but why a 4" blade ???! The gladius design cries out for a 5.5" or 6" blade for pity's sake! [ it's the Peewee Herman effect isn't it?, somehow Peewee has got his hooks into Cold Steel big time]

15. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Feb 27, 2010
    My XHP American Lawman is such a fantastic knife, the black blade does not bother me. But if it was an option, I would of bought a plain one.

16. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    The drop forged knives interest me, that Bowie machete is a must have, I'll get a Tuff Lite in blue and the SK5 SRK, otherwise, kinda undecided...will depend on price and such.

17. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Exactly. I also have the DLC ak47, all recons, lawman etc, i like them as they are but honestly i wish i had a stonewash or satin option, i bet they'd sell like hot cakes.

18. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger

Jul 23, 2007
    The workingman looks like a nice design

19. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    The Immortal looks sick, I definitely want that one. I also like the Cleaver, Working Man, Chinese Sword Machete, Pro Lite Clip Point and Black Bear Bowie Machete......The whole line up is very good this year, I don't remember Cold Steel having this many good knives in their past line ups!

20. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    SR1, Immortal, orange Ultimate Hunter -and I'll definitely grab an orange Working Man for a beater. Stoked on the new lineup. :thumbup::thumbup: