1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 CRK

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Mick_1KRR, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Curious if anyone knows if CRK is releasing anything new for 2018 apart from graphics?

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Guess we will see tomorrow. Saw one of the new graphics on Facebook. Looked cool.

3. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Hopefully we get something more than just graphics, gets kind of repetitive, hard buying the same knife over and over again. I think a slight variation in design or a new design would sell very well for CRK, doesn't have to be drastic, but the CRK faithful would definitely throw some more money at something new.

Thin-Slice and Megabassx7 like this.
  4. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    I think they should bring back the Regular for a couple years. Last I bought was the Riddled. To me most of the new graphics are a bit feminine looking.

rexromic, fatboyclone and TYPE-R like this.
  5. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Just checked the site and I can even find the current designs listed.

6. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I know it'll never happen, but i wish they would make a classy solid titanium handled lockback with one hand opening.

flipe8 likes this.
  7. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Usually, new designs would be released at Blade so probably several months away if there is anything new.
    SHOT I believe has the new graphics designs for the year..of course, I could get surprised.

8. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    A2248D84-BDCB-42A0-907C-60499FAF6BC4.jpeg Here is one of em called the “Doppler” that was shown on FB earlier today by Tim. I really like it...! I especially like the stonewashed blade and the basically blasted design. It screams EDC.

Low_rez, skwurll, archieblue and 13 others like this.
  9. Thin-Slice

Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Def on my list

10. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Ever an optimist, I would hope (some day?) for a mid-size Sebbie in 3/32".
    I can NOT remember ever needing the 1/8" thickness for casual carry... a matter of quite a few yrs now. And, the 3/32" would slice so VERY much better...

cashville, steff27 and greg c like this.
  11. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    That "Doppler" sure looks amazing, although I'd prefer a satin finish on the blade.
    :)
    I wonder if some artist will anodize it in a fancy way.
    Thanks for sharing.

12. jmclfrsh

jmclfrsh

Dec 1, 2012
    I haven’t liked the look of the blades since they went back to the more sparkly finish. I much prefer the satin finish on my 25, and the knives of that era.

Luckily I went on a buying spree during that period and have several micarta variations, including a Large Sebenza 21, a 25, and large and small Insingos. So at least I have four.

13. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    I'd be happy with a new thumb stud less pointy....

14. James Longstreet

James Longstreet Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2014
    They will also release a new wood inlay, replacing Thuya which was discontinued. Striped Platan is the name.

15. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    IMG_3547.PNG IMG_3548.PNG IMG_3549.PNG IMG_3550.PNG IMG_3551.PNG IMG_3552.PNG Cape Buffalo
    Circuits
    Doppler
    Join or Die
    Koi Pond
    Plated

BBuser, Kiteman72, lex2006 and 3 others like this.
  16. Thin-Slice

Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Doppler and Join or Die look interesting the rest not my cup of tea. TY for the pics

lemmuhj and HST like this.
  17. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Oh. My. Must have Doppler knife. Join or Die - is not a bad second.

18. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I agree in that I don't really like most of the CGGs. Even the ones I sort of like I wouldn't want as an EDC and I'm not a collector. Most do look either feminine or too abstract. The ones that go masculine go too far ... like the Riddled or the Tanked. I guess I need to get off my @$$ and design my own. I had an idea going for a while and had someone helping me with the art work but I lost interest at some point. I need to get it worked out.

19. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 26, 2010
    Gotta say, I’m not really impressed with Koi Pond. I really want to like it but.... Koi don’t have whiskers like catfish do. They have very short barbels that point backwards. The body shapes are all wrong. The fins are wrong. The background is weird. I know it’s not nice to say but it’s a big miss for me. Being that I work on ponds I was so excited. I really wish the fish looked like Koi.

20. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I don't know, Plated looks pretty cool and the pattern looks to afford some decent purchase too.

[​IMG]

GermanyChris likes this.