1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 CRK

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Mick_1KRR, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Not having a moan or saying this with any kind of attitude, but i personally never understood how a change in handle pattern or colour on any knife handles were updates to get excited about. Kind of the way some car and motorcycle companies only release new paint on the new years model, especially when you pay full price on the entire knife just for that handle design. Small structural and mechanical tweaks or updates are much more interesting to me. Now I know my crk knives are refined and close to perfect, but still. I bet people would be much more eager to part with their money for something like: new steel, new grind maybe ffg?, new lock type or new medium size. Grinds, steel and size don’t take long to engineer for an experienced company, i think it would generate a lot of excitement and revenue for crk. Just my 2 cents.

marcus52AR and kreole like this.
  2. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    I’m not into graphics, so they’re all pass for me.

uofaengr, Therom and Mick_1KRR like this.
  3. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    The more I look at it, the more I think a small plated might be interesting.

Megabassx7 likes this.
  4. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Everybody is different obviously. I for one could care less about new blade Steels or fancy lockup changes as I am more than satisfied with S35VN and very much like the 21 lockup. I don’t even care for the Inkosi and it’s ceramic ball lockup. New CGG which they are doing more often as of late than only changing every few years like in years past and new woods are exciting. Same as buying different UG’s or different wood inlays. While I feel Chris stepping down was not a change for the better, it is nice to see newer designs and combos that we did not have in the past.

lemmuhj likes this.
  5. Mike Large

Mike Large Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2017
    More sebenzas to choose from. Love it! I like fish and hell, even buffalo haha. The Doppler will reign supreme with these releases for sure though.

6. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services

Oct 26, 2010
    Yeah that Doppler is pretty cool.

HST likes this.
  7. Megabassx7

Megabassx7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Koi have large mustache like whiskers don’t they?

8. Blade Runner 7

Oct 26, 2010
    No. They have small rear facing barbels. Look up images of Koi.

Megabassx7 likes this.
  9. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    These look fairly similar to me. 220px-Koi_head_closeup.jpg Screenshot_20180124-144718~01.png

Megabassx7 likes this.
  10. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2016
    My opinion, the new graphics are lame. Guess I'll be waiting until next year for something new.....

11. TYPE-R

TYPE-R Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I was hoping they'd show some new Chad Nichols damascus or maybe a damascus Inkosi since they had damascus 25s.

lemmuhj likes this.
  12. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    CRK makes other announcements during the year. All they did was show off a new wood and CGG. There is probably more to come at Blade.

RyanRaben and bhyde like this.
  13. Blade Runner 7

Oct 26, 2010
  14. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    Im usually never crazy about the CGG as im more of a UG person, but that "Doppler" is NICE! The "Live Free" one is incredible..really like that one.
    I want to see some new damascus!

15. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    I think that "koi" one is maybe an exaggerated design element used in some artist drawings. Dont think its supposed to be an exact copy of "how a koi looks" as say the "Buffalo" one...i could be wrong, but just my opinion.

RyanRaben and bhyde like this.
  16. JohnM

JohnM

Oct 22, 2005
    Is there one place to go to see new CRK knives? For example, is it best to go to CRK's website, sign up for a newsletter, or regularly check various AD websites?

17. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    All of the above but I usually check out the authorized dealers as many take closeups of the knife and design itself and some even do videos.

JohnM likes this.
  18. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    This is Shot Show not BLADE.
    ;)

nickpp and bhyde like this.
  19. Shayjoshi

Shayjoshi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    the join or die one is really cool

20. caine