2018 CRK

Not having a moan or saying this with any kind of attitude, but i personally never understood how a change in handle pattern or colour on any knife handles were updates to get excited about. Kind of the way some car and motorcycle companies only release new paint on the new years model, especially when you pay full price on the entire knife just for that handle design. Small structural and mechanical tweaks or updates are much more interesting to me. Now I know my crk knives are refined and close to perfect, but still. I bet people would be much more eager to part with their money for something like: new steel, new grind maybe ffg?, new lock type or new medium size. Grinds, steel and size don’t take long to engineer for an experienced company, i think it would generate a lot of excitement and revenue for crk. Just my 2 cents.

Not having a moan or saying this with any kind of attitude, but i personally never understood how a change in handle pattern or colour on any knife handles were updates to get excited about. Kind of the way some car and motorcycle companies only release new paint on the new years model, especially when you pay full price on the entire knife just for that handle design. Small structural and mechanical tweaks or updates are much more interesting to me. Now I know my crk knives are refined and close to perfect, but still. I bet people would be much more eager to part with their money for something like: new steel, new grind maybe ffg?, new lock type or new medium size. Grinds, steel and size don’t take long to engineer for an experienced company, i think it would generate a lot of excitement and revenue for crk. Just my 2 cents.

Everybody is different obviously. I for one could care less about new blade Steels or fancy lockup changes as I am more than satisfied with S35VN and very much like the 21 lockup. I don’t even care for the Inkosi and it’s ceramic ball lockup. New CGG which they are doing more often as of late than only changing every few years like in years past and new woods are exciting. Same as buying different UG’s or different wood inlays. While I feel Chris stepping down was not a change for the better, it is nice to see newer designs and combos that we did not have in the past.

Gotta say, I’m not really impressed with Koi Pond. I really want to like it but.... Koi don’t have whiskers like catfish do. They have very short barbels that point backwards. The body shapes are all wrong. The fins are wrong. The background is weird. I know it’s not nice to say but it’s a big miss for me. Being that I work on ponds I was so excited. I really wish the fish looked like Koi.
Koi have large mustache like whiskers don’t they?

I was hoping they'd show some new Chad Nichols damascus or maybe a damascus Inkosi since they had damascus 25s.

Im usually never crazy about the CGG as im more of a UG person, but that "Doppler" is NICE! The "Live Free" one is incredible..really like that one.
I want to see some new damascus!

I think that "koi" one is maybe an exaggerated design element used in some artist drawings. Dont think its supposed to be an exact copy of "how a koi looks" as say the "Buffalo" one...i could be wrong, but just my opinion.

Is there one place to go to see new CRK knives? For example, is it best to go to CRK's website, sign up for a newsletter, or regularly check various AD websites?

Is there one place to go to see new CRK knives? For example, is it best to go to CRK's website, sign up for a newsletter, or regularly check various AD websites?

All of the above but I usually check out the authorized dealers as many take closeups of the knife and design itself and some even do videos.

Back