Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

knifeswapper knifeswapper - I know there was a lot of discussion about the blade (that's an understatement) but don't recall much talk about the blade stock. Do you have an idea of how wide/thick the blade will be at the spine of the blade - 1/8" , 3/16" , 1/4" ?

Bill told me that he is very hesitant about this new wondrous creation, solely because of the stock. He said it will be the first time he has used the water-jet on 1/2" stock..... But he said it is good practice for a run of axes he is designing.

knifeswapper knifeswapper - I know there was a lot of discussion about the blade (that's an understatement) but don't recall much talk about the blade stock. Do you have an idea of how wide/thick the blade will be at the spine of the blade - 1/8" , 3/16" , 1/4" ?
That’s a good point. If it’s not 1/4” I’m out!
:D

Bill told me that he is very hesitant about this new wondrous creation, solely because of the stock. He said it will be the first time he has used the water-jet on 1/2" stock..... But he said it is good practice for a run of axes he is designing.
Eggcellent.

So there'll be a "Handle Extender" accessory available for this knife so that we will be able to use it as an "Ax" if desired? How much will this add to the cost of the BF Knife if we decide we want one? And how about a combination sheath to carry the BF Knife and "Handle Extender" together.

Last edited:
So there'll be a "Handle Extender" accessory available for this knife so that we will be able to use it as an "Ax" if desired? How much will this add to the cost of the BF Knife if we decide we want one? And how about a combination sheath to carry the BF Knife and "Handle Extender" together.

He says he will make one pro gratis for you and you can carry it the same way you carry your other stick... (don't know what that means)

He says he will make one pro gratis for you and you can carry it the same way you carry your other stick... (don't know what that means)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - That could be in reference to whether I dress left or dress right.

Being an owner of several pair of big ass pants, (I use them to cover my big ass :D) I can just send you some of mine.:thumbsup:

LOL

I better punch out some more holes in my belt then. And one more thing, I've always been impressed with the size of knives you guys seem to fit in your coin pockets.

What the h... ?!

A manbug is all I can fit!!

There must be a huge difference in pant size across the oceans!! :D

I already have my 2019 Forum knife pants.:D

kvy6pMD.jpg

You got me. Made me laugh.:)

..... this process seems to bring out the best...” (???) “...and worst in people. Some of the members feel entitled to get the exact knife they want....."
Agreed. And now for some radical counter-culture thinking...

What JohnDF said is self-evident truths that are strong arguments in favor of conducting future BF Trad Annual Forum Knife polls so that the future polls have running vote tallies that aren't visible to anybody other than those who are running the show--until after the poll has been closed --and so the voting threads won’t accept participant posts. Let the selection process be clean, pure and without all the histrionic, daytime TV soap opera quality, self-obsessed ranting and let all the histrionics go on (and on and on and on) in other threads.

Give the guys running the show a break and stop making them listen to all the incessant sobbing and wailing. There could be one thread in favor of every voting option, which would be open to everybody who wanted to say anything--pro or con. TPTB could ignore all those threads and just manage the poll threads and the ordering process.

Think about it. 100x the drama and 1/100 of the stress on TPTB. A pure win/win all the way around.

Back