1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 Forum knife question thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knarfeng, Mar 17, 2019.

1. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    part of my sentence went missing.....
    its the most Australian thing ever...

Anyway I didn't come here to romanticise australian birds and trees....
    Question...i might have missed it in all the excitement...is there a label with the tube with art or graphics and who is preparing it so as I can possibly liase about it...?:)

2. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    meako, I don't have an answer for you. Mike? @knifeswapper

3. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Let's just let GEC handle the front label as usual. I can't stand any controversy over another component.

4. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Understood. Cheers.
    Its with Sue at this stage.
    And all seems to be ship shape.

5. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I'll take a knife it someone declines theirs. :cool:

Ramrodmb likes this.
  6. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Im wondering if there is any news...I havent had the email yet so just hoping all is on track particularly blurb-wise...
    Any info would be good.
    :D

t.willy, tmd_87 and Prester John like this.
  7. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Been wondering the same thing. I get a lot of trash emails and it is possible I might delete it by mistake.

BuckShack and meako like this.
  8. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I have been busy moving 540 miles from Illinois to Tennessee - so I hope I didn't miss an email.

best

mqqn

meako likes this.
  9. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    Well I have passed on it this year for a few reasons so I'm not up to date but did want to say congrats to @mqqn for moving to this great state I myself am about to move but I am just jumping the county line I currently live on the edge of one county and am moving over to the other side of that line no reason other than finding a home I like there vs on this side. What part of TN are you moving/moved to?

On more related not I also can't wait to see people posting pictures of theirs when they get them.

mqqn and meako like this.
  10. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I also look forward to the wonderful pictures that people on the Porch post of their Forum Traditional.

I have purchased a house in Winchester, TN - South Central about 20 miles from the Alabama border.

best

mqqn

meako likes this.
  11. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Winchester is kind of a sleepy town. The Elk River is a great family float as well as trout fishing. I used to deer hunt outside Winchester. Hope you enjoy it there. Nashville is an easy run as is Huntsville and Chattanooga.

12. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2005
    being late to the party i would super duper appreciate a knife if anyone has two or more or decides to decline one on order.

thanks in advance for you help :)

13. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Wait, there's an official Blade Forums knife??

14. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Prester John and JohnDF like this.
  15. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Any word on when the e-mails will start? I figured we'd be paying for these by now.

16. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    This is quoted from Frank's first post in the order thread. Nothing has changed, as far as we know.

knarfeng and oldmanwilly like this.
  17. Cvrobinson

Cvrobinson Going to hell, anyone need anything Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Another voice here anxiously waiting for the email
    Had worried my order had fallen between the cracks

18. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    We will notify people via a BF conversation (also known as a PM). Do not depend on the BF system sending you a copy of the conversation via email. The email notification system is unreliable.

Stang Bladeworks, r8shell and JSutter like this.
  19. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Still Waiting patiently for some form of confirmation since putting in for one on the original thread :) many moons ago.

tmd_87 likes this.
  20. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Production timelines posted by the mods state early 4th quarter. That means September at the earliest. I'm guessing we have a fair amount of time before we see invoices. If GEC starts making these is Sept. it could be late Sept or Oct before invoices and knives ship. Just a guess based off estimated posted production timelines. It's likely going to be awhile...