Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knarfeng, Mar 17, 2019.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    LOL! Only the finest pâté. :p

meako, Prester John and LizaMari like this.
  2. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Too many self-indulgent wieners out there...

;)

TOM K., meako, mrknife and 3 others like this.
  3. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Heck, post it up! Maybe a little public shaming will help... :)

meako and TX Traditional like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Bring back the stocks!
    [​IMG]

5. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Blast you @hornetguy my false inflation scheme would have worked if it wasn't for you...

6. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    HA! You will see, I take my job here VERY seriously!

NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT!

7. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Did you find one ?

8. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Not yet. Then again I haven't started the Search.

mrknife likes this.
  9. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Nah well...guess I'll just have to recall my pod of trained ebay buyer dolphins . Drrratt and double drrrat.!

hornetguy and Prester John like this.
  10. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Behr95 was on the no-buy list. However, with all the changes in orders that we had this year during the waiting period between ordering and paying, he slipped through and got on the list anyway. Poo Poo occurs. We were going bonkers keeping up with all the changes. There won't be order changes next year. Money will be paid before the order is placed with the factory as we did in 2018.

One other knife sold on eBay was purchased through our process.

Several others that we have seen on eBay appear to be sold by folks who acquired them outside of our process. Likely bought them in the Exchange and flipped them elsewhere. There's nothing to be done about folks who buy them on the exchange, then flip them.

As far as we can determine, out of 395 buyers, 3 have turned around and flipped them for high dollars. Two on eBay and one here on the Exchange. That's an "Ah Shucks" rate of less than 1%. Personally, I don't find that so horrendous that we need to massively change the process.

The original idea of the forum knife was friends banding together and to get a special knife at a good price. I'd like to stay as close to that as possible.

That being said, if you notice a 2019 Forum knife being sold on eBay, drop a link to Gary and me so we can check it out.

MolokaiRider, Dschal, meako and 36 others like this.
  11. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    You guys did a fantastic job. Thank you again for all your time and effort.

bflying, mitch4ging, mrknife and 2 others like this.
  12. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Frank, I was never aware of all the work you guys did behind the scenes to make these Forum knives happen. It's really impressive, to be honest. I certainly appreciate all the hard work you guys have done to make these knives a reality.

13. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Only way to fly IMNSHO.

LizaMari likes this.
  14. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    @knarfeng I hope you didn’t take my post as a dig on your effort in any sort of way, or Gary’s. That wasn’t the intention at all.

Even with some barriers in place, people will find a way around them and that member provided a pretty glaring picture of that.

I’m glad he was named this time so that people are aware of a repeat offender that can easily be left off of the purchase list but can then just scoop them up on the exchange after the fact, whether it’s buying or trading and be under the radar about it.

Hell, I’m sure he’s reading these comments and is just laughing. Oh well!

mrknife likes this.
  15. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    So it certainly seems the % of bad apples is low which is great I know that it can never be 0 as new sharks will show up if nothing else. I hope these efforts to do a forum knife continue despite that fact that the only knife I really participated in and got so far was the 2018.

16. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    One process that could be added would be to start a sticky thread on the Good, Bad, & Ugly for Traditional Folders and Fixed Blade Forum Knife Flippers and add flippers' user names to the list. People who post forum knives on the exchange should be encouraged to check that thread before agreeing to close a deal with a buyer to make sure he isn't selling to a flipper. That would make it harder to repeat flippers to get their hands on a forum knife.

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Totally agree with this!
    Ditto.
    Double ditto.
    Would be appreciated, folks!

Good post, Frank!

MolokaiRider, Dschal, meako and 15 others like this.
  18. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    <1% sounds like a pretty good win to me. Great work!

19. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I like this method a lot better. And it will keep you from having to find 50 additional buyers last minute because of no-shows.

20. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Look what was in my mail box today! Quickest turn around yet! No play! No gap, so glad it's back!
    MVIMG_20200118_171416.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Coyja, Cvrobinson, TOM K. and 32 others like this.