2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

I was initially kind of ambivalent to the 29s, but I'm warming up to them. I'll likely pick up one, just need to figure out which one ...
Osage Orange Tidoute, Coffee House Acrylic SFO, or Smooth Appaloosa Bone SFO are on the short list at the moment.

I was originally excited for the 29
Then found out about the three springs
But I'm warming up to it again.

Yeah, three springs with no liners won't be as much of a brick as I thought. Now I'm going to have to fall back on the "It's too short, wish it was on a bigger frame" excuse.

I was going to pass on these, but then realized I had an absence of Osage in my collection since parting with my Moose. Love the wood, love this size frame and the utility of the combination.

Meh. It's black & white swirl. Certainly no butter in it.
Maybe the worst acrylic name ever. It intrigues me because Im still not exactly sure how those will look...but Im glad butter is not represented :)

That'll look good when shaped. I have a fob in "smoke" acrylic thats outstanding. I'm not really an acrylic fan on knives though, or this pattern really. Still interested to see how they turn out.

Maybe the worst acrylic name ever. It intrigues me because Im still not exactly sure how those will look...but Im glad butter is not represented :)
I just hope they don't come out too quick because I'm going to need one and my knife budget is screaming for mercy.

They did some grits & molasses acrylic about 10 years ago on some #53s that didn't look that bad, So I think that's what they were going for. But what they've got going on now doesnt look much like that. The old one was creamy colored and the colors blended together, while this one looks stark white with hard lines between colors. (Not my image)

When I originally saw it on the production schedule, I was hoping for something like dead skunk, except switch the red with an orangey yellow. I could got really into that.. Not the case though.

They did some grits & molasses acrylic about 10 years ago on some #53s that didn't look that bad, So I think that's what they were going for. But what they've got going on now doesnt look much like that. The old one was creamy colored and the colors blended together, while this one looks stark white with hard lines between colors. (Not my image)

When I originally saw it on the production schedule, I was hoping for something like dead skunk, except switch the red with an orangey yellow. I could got really into that.. Not the case though.
It definitely isn't what I had envisioned either. It seems this is more of a zebra or Oreo cookie acrylic :)

Cookies & Creme acrylic!

Yes, that's what it would be called! They will probably end up changing the name of it like they did for the #35s and #85s.
Perfect! It wouldn't surprise me if they change the name.

We will end up being shocked at the depth and beauty of the finished knives. I bet the white has depth like you find in many of the finished kirinites.

That's my prediction anyway!

I hear ya there. If I've learned anything from watching and waiting for my next opportunity to buy the next great GEC coming down the pike it's this. You can never really count somthing out from the photos in early production. :eek::rolleyes::D

Is anyone else really bummed that the new Humpback isn't a splitback whittler with a coping/pen as secondaries? I saw the image and got so excited...my inner whittler-fanatic is beside itself.

Yes. Although a punch looks cool, I really have no use for it. It would be a dead appendage for me.

A split back, humpback whittler would be amazeballs.

Back