2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

Last year I bought 2 different #43s that were Store only knives from a different dealer. They are stamped "S" on the blades. And the knives are sold at the factory store in PA. When GEC can't sell them , them pass them to a dealer. You should be able to buy this knife online and have it shipped to you. I clicked on the knife and it was ready to be purchase. Contact the seller and ask them first. I already have two. I am buying 86s and maybe that #92 green Northwoods coming up in two days.
Ah, makes sense.

I was reading that as in they were selling in THEIR store only...

As in, you had to be physically there to purchase.

Thanx for the correction!

Last year I bought 2 different #43s that were Store only knives from a different dealer. They are stamped "S" on the blades. And the knives are sold at the factory store in PA. When GEC can't sell them , them pass them to a dealer. You should be able to buy this knife online and have it shipped to you. I clicked on the knife and it was ready to be purchase. Contact the seller and ask them first. I already have two. I am buying 86s and maybe that #92 green Northwoods coming up in two days.
GONE!

Last edited:
There are non store models available and stag in different locations also the Tidioutes, not really a big deal.

Here is the pile side of mine on a strop I made yesterday.
hfMCBlY.jpg

Last edited:
Having the 92 in hand makes me really like the size of this knife. I have a couple in the 3.5" and 3.75" range and anything in there is what I like. The slim frame really makes it easy to carry and feels smaller than the 3.5" 44 gunstock jack with the same number of blades but wider handles. Its a keeper!

I have my eye on the 86 coming out as well.

Having the 92 in hand makes me really like the size of this knife. I have a couple in the 3.5" and 3.75" range and anything in there is what I like. The slim frame really makes it easy to carry and feels smaller than the 3.5" 44 gunstock jack with the same number of blades but wider handles. Its a keeper!

I have my eye on the 86 coming out as well.
Having both the 92 and 44 I must agree!

Now I've just got to convince myself to carry my camel bone 92...

That knife is too pretty to be shut up in the darkness of the tube!!!

Here's hoping the 86's will become available today.

That could have been me writing that post. I have both, and agree the 92 carries better.
I also have a camel bone waiting to be moved to my pocket, along with TWO, count em, two, micarta 92's. I have been carrying the elderberry most of the time since it arrived, and don't really know if I want to table it for any length of time. Perhaps the goldenrod camel will become my "Sunday-go-to-meetin" knife. That duty has been performed lately by the Buck Forum knife in elk antler... a wonderful knife.
AND.... the 86, and the Forum knife coming.... it's gone off the rails, I tell ya....

edit:..... I also forgot about the 29 whittler that I haven't carried yet...:(

Been carrying my 92 camel bone often in her little leather slip. Your absolutely right there much to pretty not to carry. I’m even considering pulling my SFO 29 maple leaf out of the safe and my stag.
Haven’t even wiped the factory oil off.
Might be time to enjoy them:thumbsup:
I’m chomping at the bit for that 86, looks like today wasn’t the day but I’m armed and ready :D

Has anyone noticed how thin the spear blade is on these 92s? Been carrying my stag Northfield and I think it may be the thinnest ground blade I have. Or is it just mine?

Has anyone noticed how thin the spear blade is on these 92s? Been carrying my stag Northfield and I think it may be the thinnest ground blade I have. Or is it just mine?
No I think they all have a nice thin grind behind the edge. Great slicers to but still have a nice thick stock.
Can’t speak for all 92’s but thats how the spear blade is on my micarta.
My guess is there all that way since Gec is very consistent with there blade grinds from my experience owning them.

Hi all, new around here. I took receipt of a great stag eureka jack this week, the first GEC for me. I love the knife, but I’ve noticed the coping blade seems a bit gunky, and doesn’t have much snap from open to the half stop, but from half stop to closed it’s great. Any hints on what to do to loosen it up a bit and make that travel a bit more smooth and snappy? Thanks!

You need to wash out the knife with warm water & liquid soap, get a tooth brush in the joints to clear out polishing compound and other sticky stuff that is in most newly delivered Traditionals. Then dry carefully (notably the innards) and apply a drop of oil to the joints. You'll almost certainly find a massive improvement.

On another matter - on my Greenbone Barehead from the original run, I altered the Coping blade to a more Wharncliffe aspect as I found the Coping to have a sharp angle, much prefer this mod actually.

Back