1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by GE Jr, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Sabercat

Sabercat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Same here! I have no clue how long it will take to get here. It's a shame - it started its journey 35 miles from me, travelled to Germany, just to turn around and come back. I asked if GEC could just keep one there for me to pick up. Nope - understably so.

I'll be excited to finally get it either way.

2. Sabercat

Jan 9, 2015
    Here are the 92s I've added to my collection since I posted the group shot. I am extremely grateful to the gentleman who sold me the JBF Champlin;). That is one I never thought I'd get!

I'm hoping the German SFO gets here soon, and if I'm lucky, I'll come across the 2 older ones I still lack...then I can take a break! Ha ha.
    [​IMG]

3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I have nothing but admiration for your dogged approach towards the collection of this pattern. Your collection and Jeff's (@black mamba) collection of 53s/54s(is it both?) is hugely inspirational and I applaud your efforts.

Do you aspire to collect all the Northwoods variants as well?

Sabercat and cbr1000 like this.
  4. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Here is my one and only, but I really like it:

image.jpeg

SteveC, Ratbert, Jolipapa and 14 others like this.
  5. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    [​IMG]
    After a few weeks labor…

Ratbert, vintagebob, Dschal and 6 others like this.
  6. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Boykin - Clemson fan - age 58 -- Did you graduate from Hanahan High School 1980 ? -- I think I know you. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! "JESUS POWER !"

7. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Found a dealer last week that had 5 or 6 of these baby’s left and was able to go threw the pictures and pick this one.
    Very happy as I just pulled it out of the tube. Wanted thinner covers and most importantly matching covers and I got it with this one with a bonus of centered blades . Feels great in hand with no sharp edges and beautiful chocolate and Carmel colors that I love !
    Picking your stag IMO is the only way to go as everyone’s taste is different.
    I’m glad I gave this 92 in Stag one more shot :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ratbert, Sabercat, Jolipapa and 15 others like this.
  8. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    IMG_1771.JPG

Augie, Ratbert, rdave and 12 others like this.
  9. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    No, I graduated in 1979 in Greenville. Too hot that close to the coast.:)

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Your Sambar 92 is nicely imaged, Bill, capturing its’ beauty.

TheFactor likes this.
  11. Sabercat

Jan 9, 2015
    Thanks Dylan! I do think Jeff's collection far exceeds mine, and I think there's a 25 and TC barlow collection that also puts mine to shame. I'm very proud of it though, and wouldn't trade it for any of the aforementioned ones.

I'm not planning on collecting the Ocoees (or Talons for that matter) per se, but I certainly won't pass up a good deal on them, or rule out collecting them altogether. If I get the blue sawcut to add to my giraffe bone, I'd feel pretty satisfied re: the Northwoods

My primary focus is on the two blade Eurekas though. I don't want to start another collection, or expand what I have until I feel it's complete.

The way I feel right now, I doubt I'll collect anything else after my 2 blade Eurekas, and just stick with the haphazard acquisitions of whichever new releases strike my fancy.

Jarhead Greasemonkey and AnW like this.
  12. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    T
    hanks Harvey. IMHO its a great knife.

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. Ratbert

Ratbert Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2016
    BB869A41-EF52-401E-ABC5-F40D0B41BD44.jpeg

14. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I can’t tell where the leaf ends and the knife starts

Ratbert likes this.
  15. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    nature's own camouflage...:thumbsup:

Ratbert likes this.
  16. Sabercat

Jan 9, 2015
    No mail today, but that didn't stop me from getting a new knife. Made the trip to Titusville, and got myself another camel bone 92. This is a (S)tore model, and I cannot figure out why, except maybe there's a small scuff on the blade spine that looks like it accidentally bumped a belt...I'm really not sure.

Either way, it's gonna get a patina and be carried and used a lot.
    [​IMG]

17. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    unfortunately for me, a "trip to Titusville" is not practical... it's almost 1300 miles from here.

.... but, I can get to the Southfork Ranch, where JR Ewing lived, in about 11 minutes. :cool:

18. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    D6B13177-02AA-44CB-8F53-902D97E0F315.jpeg
    carried my 92 today alongside a La Combre. Such a good knife! Cut some chicken thighs for fajitas and made quick work of them, too.

19. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    It's out of character for me to go this big on one pattern, however a 2 blade Jack really speaks to me.
    [​IMG]

20. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I was very fortunate to snag this guy today on the exchange. Can’t wait to see it in person, one of the most beautiful knives I have seen. I think I’ve stumbled and fallen down the GEC hole now.[​IMG]