2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

Thank you! I have a few more now but waiting till I hit 30 before I pull them all out again lol. The bottom right ebony talon is the one I carry and it is in my top 5 favorite knives, maybe top 3 or 2 :) ..... out of all the others I am most tempted to carry the old bare end Jack's, the autumn bone and the new camel bone. I should find another camel bone now while I can and make a user of it. You really cant go wrong with any 92, it melts into the hand.

I have owned several Camel bone examples (4). Two were from the original release. Sold them all off but I just scored one on the exchange and had to pay more than the ones from before but I expected that. As time passes they become scarce and cost a lot more:mad::thumbsdown:.

Last edited:
The camel on mine didn't absorb much of the gold/yellow that most have. That left it mostly whitish with a hint of gold in the brown streaks. GEC did a great job of matching the covers. I like the way it turned out. :thumbsup:

tlgIGhM.jpg

The camel on mine didn't absorb much of the gold/yellow that most have. That left it mostly whitish with a hint of gold in the brown streaks. GEC did a great job of matching the covers. I like the way it turned out. :thumbsup:

tlgIGhM.jpg
Wow! That one is special. It is amazing that the same dye process produces such a variety.

Although this is not from the 2019 run I felt it would be right at home here. I really enjoy this one but being all steel it doesn't do well in my sweaty summertime pockets. I"ll be "chilling" inside for most of the day and a perfect time for us to bond a bit.
A Happy and safe 4th to all!
Rick

IMG_0505.JPG

All the pictures of the goldenrod camel bone reminded me of how much I like the one I recently acquired! It's definitely on the light end of the spectrum, especially the pile side. (Sorry about the trash bin in the background - just noticed it)

WTRuZxKh.jpg

U22JMnJh.jpg

That, I think, is what makes camel bone so interesting as a cover.... it seems to absorb the dye in really random, different ways. Personally, I really like the variations. This is my goldenrod.... those fissures, or cracks in the bone, that soaked up the dark dye really add character to it.... I like it better each time I carry it.
And, yes.... I had it in the pocket today, along with my rosewood #12 toothpick, and my crimson bone Case swayback jack....

jY2Qqq.jpg
jY2JjD.jpg

This is my most frequently carried 92... the elderberry. It has lightened quite a bit from how it looked when new. I think it's getting more mellow looking.

0rfZRC.jpg
0rf0xv.jpg

I was just thinking that. It seems to have gotten a bit pinker than its original red?

I was just thinking that. It seems to have gotten a bit pinker than its original red?
yes, it definitely has. I didn't know this would be the "final" color of elderberry. I somehow pictured a darker, wine kind of red.

This is a pic of it almost exactly a year ago. The lighting is different, but you can still tell how much it has lightened...

0tAn3i.jpg

Last edited:
This is my most frequently carried 92... the elderberry. It has lightened quite a bit from how it looked when new. I think it's getting more mellow looking.

0rfZRC.jpg
0rf0xv.jpg
Great knife! By any chance, have you ever washed the handles?

I took a toothbrush and dawn soap to a red/orange knife before to clean it. What I initially thought was the toothbrush bristles getting dirty, was actually the reddish dye...it definitely lightened the color.

yes, it definitely has. I didn't know this would be the "final" color of elderberry. I somehow pictured a darker, wine kind of red.

This is a pic of it almost exactly a year ago. The lighting is different, but you can still tell how much it has lightened...

0tAn3i.jpg
Extraordinary, what do you think has caused it, just use. I'm with you, i thought Elderberry was a crimson color, like the original scales.

Great knife! By any chance, have you ever washed the handles?

I took a toothbrush and dawn soap to a red/orange knife before to clean it. What I initially thought was the toothbrush bristles getting dirty, was actually the reddish dye...it definitely lightened the color.
That is handy to know.:thumbsup:

Back