2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

The Cocobolo is turning into quite a pretty knife. I think that Cloud (keyhole) shield suits it.

uPkm93o.jpg

t5XlrQq.jpg

100% agreed! I have an H30, Oily Creek, Waynorth jigged bone, and Waynorth ebony (and something special in ironwood) all on the way, so I'm trying really hard to resist these, but I don't see it happening. GEC knocked it out of the park with the cocobolo and the blade on these.

I just saw pictures of the cocobolo 93's. Beautiful! In general, do wood sided knives hold up as well as bone? I believe cocobolo is a type of rosewood, how does it compare to ebony and ironwood as far as knife handles go?

Generally, I prefer bone to woods but it's based on aesthetic preference. Provided the wood is a suitable established type, Coco certainly is:D, is properly treated then it's more durable than bone. Given you're not planning on prolonged submersion in water...If you drop a bone knife it very often cracks or pieces chip off, centre pin cracks are not uncommon either without dropping it. Wood resists knocks better and can put up with being banged about:D

Coco has been used on knives since last quarter of the c19th-possibly longer. So there's your holding up question answered . Comes in many colours some can be mistaken for Ebony as it can be nearly black, others are light striped so there's interesting variation.

If you get one of those Cocos get one for me too please;) I've completely changed my mind about the Ram's Foot after seeing those Coco pix and I enjoy being wrong:D But the likelihood of getting one here in Europe is not too strong.o_O

Regards, Will

Cocobolo is great. In terms of durability, Osage has to be up there, if not at the top.

Man this #93 Oily Creek Bone is Slick! ;) See what I did there?
nXfxAeEh.jpg

Huual8X.jpg

9POLGtUh.jpg

So nice! Its smoother action than my Natural Micarta, easier pull maybe, I mean barely, but snap into half stop open and close. Walk and Talk action is unbelievable. F&F are excellent and its like a razor! So pleased.

I usually don't put distributor plugs in my photos, but @Jordan@DLT and the folks at DLT shipped out minutes after I paid (scored), threw in a cloth, and it got here in less than two days (41 hours of nail biting lol)! Thanks DLT.

It's Slickity!

Last edited:
Any chance we'll see some satin blades come out of this Cocobolo run?? It would make sense. They've done it on the past two Northfield Cocobolo releases (#43 &#44.)

Boxer .45 Boxer .45 I’d like to see a side by side of those 2 comparing scale thickness. If you get the chance...

I guess you could say its quite a bit of difference. HOWEVER, the micarta is very slim imo.
20190626_132320.jpg
They both feel fantastic in hand, and beyond the thinness of the micarta, the oily creek feels more ergonomic in hand. Not a knock to the micarta either. I wouldn't "not get one" because of it...obviously.

Wow that oily bone looks incredible! Almost like a smooth stag.

One thing I noticed the other day surfing the bay, a GEC distributor put multiple- maybe 15 or so of these knives up for auction. I was very surprised that they could do that and not just sell them to customers for a flat price.

double check that listing...I don't see it. I do see a GEC dealer selling his own SFO in Oily Creek Bone...but it's not a 93.

I guess you could say its quite a bit of difference. HOWEVER, the micarta is very slim imo.
View attachment 1151521
They both feel fantastic in hand, and beyond the thinness of the micarta, the oily creek feels more ergonomic in hand. Not a knock to the micarta either. I wouldn't "not get one" because of it...obviously.

That is some nice bone. Congrats on that one.

My jigged bone 93 just arrived :D Prettier and more refined in hand than the photos can show.
It is the perfect lamb foot profile & size to my way of thinking.

2 questions though please:

1) I missed reading about this - why BUFFALO NY rather than POINT ROBERTS WA?

2) Do you all know these knives don't have pocket clips or lanyard holes :confused: How does one carry it?

:D See - I'm funnin' wit ya (#1 is a serious question though :thumbsup:)

Ray

My jigged bone 93 just arrived :D Prettier and more refined in hand than the photos can show.
It is the perfect lamb foot profile & size to my way of thinking.

2 questions though please:

1) I missed reading about this - why BUFFALO NY rather than POINT ROBERTS WA?

2) Do you all know these knives don't have pocket clips or lanyard holes :confused: How does one carry it?

:D See - I'm funnin' wit ya (#1 is a serious question though :thumbsup:)

Ray
Ray as I recall Charlie said Buffalo NY is his birthplace. :)

Back