1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Little early but wanted to give everyone a heads up, the GEC Rendezvous dates are posted on GEC's site. I made reservations this morning at Cross Creek and they said rooms are going fast so you may not want to delay if you are planning on attending.
    Can't wait to see old friends again and talk some knives.

waverave, waynorth, Jody744 and 6 others like this.
  2. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I saw there is going to be a Titusville knife show that same weekend, so hotel rooms are going to be harder to come by this year than last.

waynorth likes this.
  3. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Do you have a link or more information on that?

4. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    It is on the GEC site under the show schedule link.

,,,Mike in Canada

5. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    OK, I think that is one and the same.

6. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I saw a flyer at a local gunshow regarding the knife show. It is at the old location Pleaseantville Fire Hall, 5 miles east of Titusville. Apparently a group of the dealers that used to go to that show decided to get together and get the show going again, not affiliated with any particular manufacturer, just called "The Titusville Knife Show". Here is what the flyer says.

Titusville Knife Show - presented by Pennsylvania Knifemakers And Collectors, LLC
    Friday Aug 9 from noon-5pm. Saturday Aug 10 from 8am-4pm.
    Pleasantville Fire Hall, 5 miles east of Titusville on Rt. 27
    Tables available for purchase for dealer setup

Then the man's email and phone are there.

7. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018

I plan on attending...…. I was born & lived north of Titusville and always felt kinship for that area and town…….. I'll be staying in North East, Pa ( 1 hour north ) and commuting to the shindig...….. Looking forward to meeting you folks....

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It’s never to early my friend! :D We made our reservations before we left last year! :thumbsup: I’m like you, I can’t wait to see old friends and talk some knives! :cool:

9. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    I just started walking. I’ll see you guys in August!

10. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I’d love to go, but can’t seem to find a way there without a car from Albany, NY. Trains and busses go to Scranton and Philadelphia, but they’re nowhere close to Titusville. My plan was to train as far as possible, and then bicycle to Titusville from the train station. But even from Scranton, it’s a 282 mile bike ride.

paulhilborn and btb01 like this.
  11. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    You should be able to take the Lake Shore Limited to Erie, Pa then take an Uber down to Titusville...…..

12. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Thanks. I’ll look into it.

13. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I'll be driving down from Buffalo!! Make you can hitch a ride with me, Buzz!!

mrknife, Fodderwing, meako and 5 others like this.
  14. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    A few pictures to whet everyones appetite.

IMG_0269.jpg IMG_0450.jpg IMG_3851.jpg DSCN1314.jpg

mrknife, Half/Stop, tmd_87 and 9 others like this.
  15. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    mrknife, Half/Stop, Travman and 3 others like this.
  16. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Thanks Charlie. I’ll get back to you when I figure out the train portion of the ride.

17. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Buzz, if you like adventure, catch a ride with Jack:D:thumbsup: I kid cause I love ya Jack:p

mrknife, Half/Stop, waynorth and 4 others like this.
  18. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Aaahhhhh Such Fond Memories!
    Buzz I hope you make it there- The tour is fantastic - the People better!

19. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Reservations have been made! It’ll be my first time actually staying IN Titusville, and my first time attending more than one day.

waverave, waynorth, Sabercat and 4 others like this.
  20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Mr. & Mrs. @Half/Stop were visiting us to go to the Janesville Blade Show and we discussed the fact that the 2019 Rendezvous thread needs a bumping . Maybe you people who have never gone need to be shown a few things about it .
    Well at the end of it there is a Picnic and lots of food .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But when it is going on back at the factory , there is a great chance to buy some knives that you always wanted . A couple that I picked up in 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And there are gobs of time available to view other peoples stuff
    [​IMG]
    And there are always a couple of Old Guys that may appear to be Panhandlers sitting around .
    [​IMG]
    And there is always somebody around to tell you where to go .
    [​IMG].
    So if you are not going , please reconsider and make your reservations . Those 2 Old Guys would really like to meet you there .
    Oh Yeah : You will be able to buy some knives there that will not be available to you BRAND NEW AND UNTOUCHED anywhere else ever .

Harry

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019