2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Augie

Gold Member
Little early but wanted to give everyone a heads up, the GEC Rendezvous dates are posted on GEC's site. I made reservations this morning at Cross Creek and they said rooms are going fast so you may not want to delay if you are planning on attending.
Can't wait to see old friends again and talk some knives.

I saw there is going to be a Titusville knife show that same weekend, so hotel rooms are going to be harder to come by this year than last.

Do you have a link or more information on that?

I saw a flyer at a local gunshow regarding the knife show. It is at the old location Pleaseantville Fire Hall, 5 miles east of Titusville. Apparently a group of the dealers that used to go to that show decided to get together and get the show going again, not affiliated with any particular manufacturer, just called "The Titusville Knife Show". Here is what the flyer says.

Titusville Knife Show - presented by Pennsylvania Knifemakers And Collectors, LLC
Friday Aug 9 from noon-5pm. Saturday Aug 10 from 8am-4pm.
Pleasantville Fire Hall, 5 miles east of Titusville on Rt. 27
Tables available for purchase for dealer setup

Then the man's email and phone are there.

Little early but wanted to give everyone a heads up, the GEC Rendezvous dates are posted on GEC's site. I made reservations this morning at Cross Creek and they said rooms are going fast so you may not want to delay if you are planning on attending.

I plan on attending...…. I was born & lived north of Titusville and always felt kinship for that area and town…….. I'll be staying in North East, Pa ( 1 hour north ) and commuting to the shindig...….. Looking forward to meeting you folks....

It’s never to early my friend! :D We made our reservations before we left last year! :thumbsup: I’m like you, I can’t wait to see old friends and talk some knives! :cool:

I’d love to go, but can’t seem to find a way there without a car from Albany, NY. Trains and busses go to Scranton and Philadelphia, but they’re nowhere close to Titusville. My plan was to train as far as possible, and then bicycle to Titusville from the train station. But even from Scranton, it’s a 282 mile bike ride.

I’d love to go, but can’t seem to find a way there without a car from Albany, NY. Trains and busses go to Scranton and Philadelphia, but they’re nowhere close to Titusville. My plan was to train as far as possible, and then bicycle to Titusville from the train station. But even from Scranton, it’s a 282 mile bike ride.

You should be able to take the Lake Shore Limited to Erie, Pa then take an Uber down to Titusville...…..

Mr. & Mrs. Half/Stop Half/Stop were visiting us to go to the Janesville Blade Show and we discussed the fact that the 2019 Rendezvous thread needs a bumping . Maybe you people who have never gone need to be shown a few things about it .
Well at the end of it there is a Picnic and lots of food .

But when it is going on back at the factory , there is a great chance to buy some knives that you always wanted . A couple that I picked up in 2018

And there are gobs of time available to view other peoples stuff

And there are always a couple of Old Guys that may appear to be Panhandlers sitting around .

And there is always somebody around to tell you where to go .
So if you are not going , please reconsider and make your reservations . Those 2 Old Guys would really like to meet you there .
Oh Yeah : You will be able to buy some knives there that will not be available to you BRAND NEW AND UNTOUCHED anywhere else ever .

Harry

Last edited:
Back