2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Mr. & Mrs. @Half/Stop were visiting us to go to the Janesville Blade Show and we discussed the fact that the 2019 Rendezvous thread needs a bumping . Maybe you people who have never gone need to be shown a few things about it .
Well at the end of it there is a Picnic and lots of food .

But when it is going on back at the factory , there is a great chance to buy some knives that you always wanted . A couple that I picked up in 2018

And there are gobs of time available to view other peoples stuff

And there are always a couple of Old Guys that may appear to be Panhandlers sitting around .

And there is always somebody around to tell you where to go .
So if you are not going , please reconsider and make your reservations . Those 2 Old Guys would really like to meet you there .
Oh Yeah : You will be able to buy some knives there that will not be available to you BRAND NEW AND UNTOUCHED anywhere else ever .

Harry

I'm coming down from the Rochester, NY area...…. For 52 years I lived just an hour north of Titusville in Ripley, NY..... Moved to Rochester 6-1/2 years ago...…….. It will be nice to put some faces with names...…

So if you are not going , please reconsider and make your reservations . Those 2 Old Guys would really like to meet you there .
Oh Yeah : You will be able to buy some knives there that will not be available to you BRAND NEW AND UNTOUCHED anywhere else ever
Great post Harry! :D

I will be at the Rendezvous again this year. I've been at the last 5, but I haven't been able to really stay for the whole shebang any of the years for various reasons. I probably won't be able to again this year, because it's only about 2 weeks after my honeymoon and I probably won't be able to take another 3 days off. But we'll see.

I've met a lot of you guys at the last 5 Rendezvous, but I'm very bad at putting usernames to names to faces. I always enjoy getting to talk with people about their collections and everything.

I'll be looking forward to meeting even more of you this year!

I saw a flyer at a local gunshow regarding the knife show. It is at the old location Pleaseantville Fire Hall, 5 miles east of Titusville. Apparently a group of the dealers that used to go to that show decided to get together and get the show going again, not affiliated with any particular manufacturer, just called "The Titusville Knife Show". Here is what the flyer says.

Titusville Knife Show - presented by Pennsylvania Knifemakers And Collectors, LLC
Friday Aug 9 from noon-5pm. Saturday Aug 10 from 8am-4pm.
Pleasantville Fire Hall, 5 miles east of Titusville on Rt. 27
Tables available for purchase for dealer setup

Then the man's email and phone are there.

One of the people putting together the show is in the club I go to. This show will be pretty Queen collector heavy. I think it was conceptualized as a replacement for the Queen show.

I will be at the Rendezvous again this year. I've been at the last 5, but I haven't been able to really stay for the whole shebang any of the years for various reasons. I probably won't be able to again this year, because it's only about 2 weeks after my honeymoon and I probably won't be able to take another 3 days off. But we'll see.

I've met a lot of you guys at the last 5 Rendezvous, but I'm very bad at putting usernames to names to faces. I always enjoy getting to talk with people about their collections and everything.

I'll be looking forward to meeting even more of you this year!

One of the people putting together the show is in the club I go to. This show will be pretty Queen collector heavy. I think it was conceptualized as a replacement for the Queen show.

I think it's great that folks are holding a replacement for the Queen show!! Another reason to go to Titusville!
I managed to book a room at Cross Creek, but I wouldn't wait too long!!

I agree - going to America meeting up with my friends again was just amazing- then going to the GEC Rendezvous with Paul from North Dakota two or three flights? Can’t remember now - then arriving at Cross Creek after a long drive to see Charlie and Joanne again - already the trip was worth it..... seeing these people’s faces again - so good for the soul.....
Then the GEC Rendezvous the next day - just ..... “is this really happening to this guy from NZ???”
THEN the Queen show - it was like someone let the leash off lol.

I will miss this my friends.

Just a head's up...Chris is changing the process for rendezvous knives this year. Only one allowed per household for the whole weekend. You will be given two certificates...when you buy the knife Chris will sign one and keep the other.

Just a head's up...Chris is changing the process for rendezvous knives this year. Only one allowed per household for the whole weekend. You will be given two certificates...when you buy the knife Chris will sign one and keep the other.

I think that's a great idea. I have seen some tactics to get extra Rendezvous Specials and parts knives that I didn't agree with in the past.

Last edited:
We just made our hotel reservations for this years rendezvous. This is our first time to attend. The lady at GEC said that people start lining up around 5 AM, and the doors open at 7 AM :eek:
Anybody else from the porch going? Any advice from those that have attended previous events?

We just made our hotel reservations for this years rendezvous. This is our first time to attend. The lady at GEC said that people start lining up around 5 AM, and the doors open at 7 AM :eek:
Anybody else from the porch going? Any advice from those that have attended previous events?
Merged this with an existing thread. Looks like some folks are going. I wish I could but it looks like I'll be in Santa Barbara then.

you can, but with the rule change it should be fairer to obtain rare/parts knives

Last year on Friday I went at 6AM and there was already 100+ people there. Some people said they heard the first people arrived just after midnight. I was disheartened and just went back home. I doubt I would have made it into the showroom before 9AM, which is when I needed to be to work.

thursday is usually the day for best pickings, first day of the show. if you cared specifically about the rendezvous knife. for some the parts knives are the prize.

you can, but with the rule change it should be fairer to obtain rare/parts knives
Are there generally enough of the rendezvous issue knife for most to be able to buy one, or are they all gone within the first hour?

Last year on Friday I went at 6AM and there was already 100+ people there. Some people said they heard the first people arrived just after midnight. I was disheartened and just went back home. I doubt I would have made it into the showroom before 9AM, which is when I needed to be to work.

Reminds me of opening day of Pennsylvania Buck season...…. You crawl up in your tree stand long before daylight and just as it is getting light out you look around and see 6 more orange coats scattered about within 100 yds of you...… GASP, the Horrors!!!!.... The day is over before it begins!!….. I'm planning on bringing a travel trailer and staying in one of the local campgrounds...….. It is my first Rendezvous, however I've been to the factory before & have been to Titusville many times...……...Looking forward to seeing the faces that go with the stage names...……..

Are there generally enough of the rendezvous issue knife for most to be able to buy one, or are they all gone within the first hour?

Most people want the rendezvous knife itself. they do a specific amount every day for sale. usually you can see whats in the cases as well from your spot in line. luckily for me, the year prior was the 38 special and last year was the whaler, neither knives i cared much for. the parts knives however, were 15s which i love.

Does GEC set a schedule or agenda for the events over those days? I looked on the interweb and I can catch a RT flight for just over $100 into Pitt. Thinking about going but I'd like a bit more info about the event.

Does GEC set a schedule or agenda for the events over those days? I looked on the interweb and I can catch a RT flight for just over $100 into Pitt. Thinking about going but I'd like a bit more info about the event.
Randy I called GEC with the same question and was told they will put out an itinerary a little closer to the event.

Back