1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I'm coming down from the Rochester, NY area...…. For 52 years I lived just an hour north of Titusville in Ripley, NY..... Moved to Rochester 6-1/2 years ago...…….. It will be nice to put some faces with names...…

2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Great post Harry! :D

waynorth likes this.
  3. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    :p:p:D HaHa!! :D:p:p

Half/Stop likes this.
  4. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I’m in. My room is reserved at the Cross Creek Resort

5. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I will be at the Rendezvous again this year. I've been at the last 5, but I haven't been able to really stay for the whole shebang any of the years for various reasons. I probably won't be able to again this year, because it's only about 2 weeks after my honeymoon and I probably won't be able to take another 3 days off. But we'll see.

I've met a lot of you guys at the last 5 Rendezvous, but I'm very bad at putting usernames to names to faces. I always enjoy getting to talk with people about their collections and everything.

I'll be looking forward to meeting even more of you this year!

One of the people putting together the show is in the club I go to. This show will be pretty Queen collector heavy. I think it was conceptualized as a replacement for the Queen show.

6. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I think it's great that folks are holding a replacement for the Queen show!! Another reason to go to Titusville!
    I managed to book a room at Cross Creek, but I wouldn't wait too long!!

Travman, HEMI 49, Half/Stop and 4 others like this.
  7. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I agree - going to America meeting up with my friends again was just amazing- then going to the GEC Rendezvous with Paul from North Dakota two or three flights? Can’t remember now - then arriving at Cross Creek after a long drive to see Charlie and Joanne again - already the trip was worth it..... seeing these people’s faces again - so good for the soul.....
    Then the GEC Rendezvous the next day - just ..... “is this really happening to this guy from NZ???”
    THEN the Queen show - it was like someone let the leash off lol.

I will miss this my friends.

8. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Just a head's up...Chris is changing the process for rendezvous knives this year. Only one allowed per household for the whole weekend. You will be given two certificates...when you buy the knife Chris will sign one and keep the other.

Jody744 and mrknife like this.
  9. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I think that's a great idea. I have seen some tactics to get extra Rendezvous Specials and parts knives that I didn't agree with in the past.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    mrknife and waverave like this.
  10. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    We just made our hotel reservations for this years rendezvous. This is our first time to attend. The lady at GEC said that people start lining up around 5 AM, and the doors open at 7 AM :eek:
    Anybody else from the porch going? Any advice from those that have attended previous events?

Half/Stop likes this.
  11. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Merged this with an existing thread. Looks like some folks are going. I wish I could but it looks like I'll be in Santa Barbara then.

12. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks for merging this Gary.

Peregrin likes this.
  13. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    you can, but with the rule change it should be fairer to obtain rare/parts knives

14. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Last year on Friday I went at 6AM and there was already 100+ people there. Some people said they heard the first people arrived just after midnight. I was disheartened and just went back home. I doubt I would have made it into the showroom before 9AM, which is when I needed to be to work.

15. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    thursday is usually the day for best pickings, first day of the show. if you cared specifically about the rendezvous knife. for some the parts knives are the prize.

Half/Stop likes this.
  16. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Are there generally enough of the rendezvous issue knife for most to be able to buy one, or are they all gone within the first hour?

17. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Reminds me of opening day of Pennsylvania Buck season...…. You crawl up in your tree stand long before daylight and just as it is getting light out you look around and see 6 more orange coats scattered about within 100 yds of you...… GASP, the Horrors!!!!.... The day is over before it begins!!….. I'm planning on bringing a travel trailer and staying in one of the local campgrounds...….. It is my first Rendezvous, however I've been to the factory before & have been to Titusville many times...……...Looking forward to seeing the faces that go with the stage names...……..

JohnDF likes this.
  18. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    Most people want the rendezvous knife itself. they do a specific amount every day for sale. usually you can see whats in the cases as well from your spot in line. luckily for me, the year prior was the 38 special and last year was the whaler, neither knives i cared much for. the parts knives however, were 15s which i love.

19. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Does GEC set a schedule or agenda for the events over those days? I looked on the interweb and I can catch a RT flight for just over $100 into Pitt. Thinking about going but I'd like a bit more info about the event.

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Randy I called GEC with the same question and was told they will put out an itinerary a little closer to the event.