2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

No orange pics? Have one on the way!
I was waiting for Halloween:p:D:p
pv6lAee.jpg

Muslin on the way! I'm second guessing myself about Muslin after seeing all the great orange and Red&Black micarta pics. We'll see what it looks like next to the Unicorn and White Bone for an all-white #62 trio.

Reactions: AnW
My orange arrived today.. this is a really nicely finished knife.. half stops are all flush, except the main, where the spring is slightly proud. Open and closed are all flush, as is normal with GEC. Blades are perfectly centered, no rub to be seen... very smoothly rounded handles, feels just right, in hand. I think it's going to be a dandy carver.

j3gDmo.jpg

My orange arrived today.. this is a really nicely finished knife.. half stops are all flush, except the main, where the spring is slightly proud. Open and closed are all flush, as is normal with GEC. Blades are perfectly centered, no rub to be seen... very smoothly rounded handles, feels just right, in hand. I think it's going to be a dandy carver.

j3gDmo.jpg
Looks good. You'll have a thousand dollar 62 collection pretty soon.

j3gDmo.jpg
You might be my hero. I imagine a staving family sitting around watching grandpa excitedly popping a new tube that just arrived, then using that knife to divide the one Lima bean they have for the day. Beautiful acquisition!

also- good to see you’re brushing up on your math. Is that for keeping a running tabulation on your GEC #62 expenses?

Yeah... my grand daughter stays with my wife several days a week, and she's trying to keep up with her school work. She's going into the 2nd grade next year. I'm afraid to look at the questions in that book, and am hoping she doesn't have to ask me for help.

I'm also trying to not think about what I've spent on 62's. Some things are better left alone....:cool:
I justify it to myself by thinking "I could have 2 custom knives, or the whole GEC 2020 62 family... hmmmmm"

at least collecting knives is cheaper than collecting Colt single action army revolvers, or rare baseball cards....

"justification" can take many forms... I have, all in all, perhaps 25 GEC knives. I talked to a guy the other day, who said he has over 350 GEC knives... collectible stuff. THAT is a collection... I'm still amazed just trying to wrap my head around having that many knives, of ANY brand...

I'm small time....:(:D

Very nice.
I was wondering if Doug had gotten wind of the pocket carver, I too am interested in his opinion of the knife. (What video did he mention it in).

Doug is such a talented carver that he could make a $2 knife look like a $200 I'm sure.

To those "Dougies" out there... he did get his carver, a white bone, and he was asked about it. He hesitated, then said he was spoiled by the Helvie knives, because of the thin blades. He said he really liked the Pocket Carver, but the only drawback was the thicker blade. Everything else he said about it amounted to glowing praise. Great knife, beautifully made, top quality, etc....
He did mention he might get someone to slim down the main blade for him...

Back