2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

PmRg8uP.jpg

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the informative posts and jaw dropping pictures!

You completely convinced me to pull the trigger on my first GEC - a sweet cocobolo pocket carver. I’m really glad I did.

It came Saturday. What a beautiful knife. I absolutely love it. Fit and finish exceeded my expectations in all respects, save maybe sharpness, which was easily resolved with a few minutes on the strop.

I like it enough that I ordered a second (Stag 62 Easy Congress This time) a few minutes ago.

I’ll post pictures of both in a couple of weeks when I should have a bit more time.

Now, I just need to get some time, wood, and fresh band-aids.:)

I’m trying reeeaaal hard not to buy a red/black F&F! Already have the white bone and cocobollo; I don’t NEED another... go buy them out before I have a moment of weakness please.

You don’t NEED it, but you are doing your part to support GEC :)

That’s what I’m telling myself with all the next purchases I have lined up haha.

You don’t NEED it, but you are doing your part to support GEC :)

That’s what I’m telling myself with all the next purchases I have lined up haha.
Get behind me, Satan! Even has that red/black scheme, bolsterless looks fantastic on this pattern. Don’t know I can hold out if they’re still available later tonight.

You completely convinced me to pull the trigger on my first GEC - a sweet cocobolo pocket carver. I’m really glad I did.
I like it enough that I ordered a second (Stag 62 Easy Congress This time) a few minutes ago.
Now, I just need to get some time, wood, and fresh band-aids.:)

Welcome to the brotherhood! I cherish my GECs as beautiful and useful tools.

Hey guys GP has the F&F Red & Black Linen Micarta right now if anyone is looking. I was worried that I wouldn't get one because of the lock-down but hurray!!

B&R ordered because I’m a weak man
You won’t be disappointed. Truly a unique knife in many ways. I’m not sure how many shadow pattern whittlers there are out there, but I’m sure there aren’t many, and I’d bet none of them have three wharnecliffe blades.

I saw that cover, and thought to myself... those edges look a lot "sharper" than the red/black. I wonder if it's just the lighting? I'm not sure I'd like sharp edges on a knife handle... especially one used for carving. Of course, they can be changed, if necessary.... we call it a "field modification". I'm waiting for my notification of its arrival, which will be the last of my reserved 62's.

Notice, I did NOT say that would be the last of my 62's.... just the "reserved" ones. :D

Back