2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

I saw some replies but most of them are complaints that they just had a #74 club knife in 2016. It was a Stallion and not a Mustang but it was a GEC #74.
The end of the year is winding down. They are two choices left, the #19 and the #74. I am all in on the #74. Only 800 pieces of the #74 Mustangs will be made. Another 100 pieces on a Club knife , will be welcomed. GEC posted the GEC#19 Little Rattler schedule on 10/14/2020. That #19 schedule was taken down within 20 hours after being posted. I really believe a Saddle Trapper #74 is in the works after the Mustang #74s. The "THINGS TO PONDER" clue is a different story , than what we are seeing.

I’m on standby for a jigged bone, was hoping someone may back out, but I doubt it now!
I was "on standby" with CKs many times. Every time I was "on standby", I was sent an invoice. It aint your knife until it is in your hand. The dealer's numbers will be super low , so everybody will be "Sweating it Out !"

These look amazing!!
piRkUWM.jpg

dQO316v.jpg

THIS is what I'm in for. I put my name in with my guy as a backup on one of the Burlaps, but I was on the list for one of these as soon as they were announced. I really hope these turn out well.

I wish GEC would make more. No idea why they are only making 200 of each cover. It sounds like the demand is there for a lot more?

wow, that black plum gets really purple in the transitions. Almost *too* purple.
I love the burlap micarta, but the badge shield looks too low for my tastes.
I've come around on this pattern, and I'd love one in Ironwood if I could get one, but I'm thinking there's no way.

I think that 2nd middle pin on the burlap is making the shield look off compared to the others.
I’ll probably pass on the burlap but hope to get a black plum and the Ironwood always looks great to me

The black plum has 2 center pins as well. The shields are in the same location? :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm going to get a Stag and a plum one, maybe on the micarta, and a pass on the ironwood.

I think that 2nd middle pin on the burlap is making the shield look off compared to the others.
I’ll probably pass on the burlap but hope to get a black plum and the Ironwood always looks great to me

You could well be right, looking at the pics again. The angles are all different, so it's hard to say. After a couple looks I still think the shield on the black plum is higher, but it's really impossible to tell for sure until someone with both posts some pics. I have to say, the black plum/federal shield is going to make me break my resolution to only buy ebony knives, though. It's just such a gorgeous knife that I can't help but want to try to snag one! Stunning!

The black plum has 2 center pins as well. The shields are in the same location? :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm going to get a Stag and a plum one, maybe on the micarta, and a pass on the ironwood.

It may be that the federal shield is slightly taller than the badge shield, so the spatial relationships are slightly off? Just an idea from someone that doesn't have either in hand to compare.

Back