2021 Forum Knife FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4220.jpg
Oh it's gonna be purdy!

Well I'll be. My eyes deceived me. I never noticed that. So, consensus was for a re-curved blade?

It was never voted on, it's just a byproduct of the blade shape, the width of the blade and the way they grind and sharpen them. More than likely they'll have a slight recurve like the past run of 86s. Mine is slight, but it's not very noticeable some are more noticeable than others.

7eVCrGH.jpg

There are actually several scattered throughout several related threads. And for the life of me, I can't tell if they are for real or a joke or a troll.
Real. There are a lot of folks who maybe stop by here once every few months or so. Not weekly or daily like some. They stop by for the first time since January and see that there's a forum knife for sale and they're interested. They don't know limited quantities or anything - they just see something for sale and want to buy it, like anything else. They don't have the time or interest to wade through 10000 posts to understand the situation and even realize why their request would be considered . . . inappropriate/unrealistic/etc. With most things, if you want to buy it you just say so and pay for it. It's not some ritual like we have here. Hell, they don't even realize there is anything to understand.

Put yourself in their shoes.

Last edited:
There are actually several scattered throughout several related threads. And for the life of me, I can't tell if they are for real or a joke or a troll.
I’m pretty sure it’s real, born out of a sheer lack of trying to understand what’s going on, coupled with overwhelming FOMO.

These posts we see are shameful, and dishonor the forum. I will be mailing wakizashis to the offending members so that they can do the right thing and restore their honor.

Real. There are a lot of folks who maybe stop by here once every few months or so. Not weekly or daily like some. They stop by for the first time since January and see that there's a forum knife for sale and they're interested. They don't know limited quantities or anything - they just see something for sale and want to buy it, like anything else. They don't have the time or interest to wade through 10000 posts to understand the situation and even realize why their request would be considered . . . inappropriate/unrealistic/etc. With most things, if you want to buy it you just say so and pay for it. It's not some ritual like we have here.

Put yourself in their shoes.
I did. That’s why I made this FAQ. If this doesn’t make things crystal clear I don’t know how to help them.

I did. That’s why I made this FAQ. If this doesn’t make things crystal clear I don’t know how to help them.
You're a mensh. Really you are! It is a good and noble thing that you've done here.

But even the first post has a bunch of links to click to find answers . . . and some people aren't going to see a reason to go through all that just to buy a simple knife.

I would also note that, unless I'm mistaken, there is nothing there which suggests that someone could not or should not try to order two (or more!) Forum knives. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back