2021 Forum Knife FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure it’s real, born out of a sheer lack of trying to understand what’s going on, coupled with overwhelming FOMO.

These posts we see are shameful, and dishonor the forum. I will be mailing wakizashis to the offending members so that they can do the right thing and restore their honor.
Ooh. I’ll take a wakizzashi. Do I just sign up here?

You're a mensh. Really you are! It is a good and noble thing that you've done here.

But even the first post has a bunch of links to click to find answers . . . and some people aren't going to see a reason to go through all that just to buy a simple knife.

I would also note that, unless I'm mistaken, there is nothing there which suggests that someone could not or should not try to order two (or more!) Forum knives. ???
Well… I’m not really a mensh… this is more or less a way to spoon feed the answers to people so I can have my chuckles when they prove they’re not willing to learn.

I think citing sources is the best way to give accurate answers and reduce the “he said, she said”. Furthermore, if they can’t just click a link, they’re hopeless.

it’s true we don’t know how many we can order, and perhaps I should have put that in there… but if the number they could order was the only question, I don’t think we’d be as frustrated.

I’m pretty sure it’s real, born out of a sheer lack of trying to understand what’s going on, coupled with overwhelming FOMO.

These posts we see are shameful, and dishonor the forum. I will be mailing wakizashis to the offending members so that they can do the right thing and restore their honor.
I want to order 2 wakizashi, please. 🤑💸

Seriously, perhaps the first sentence in the first post here should be in bold: "When it is time to buy the 2021 Forum Knife, a new ordering thread will be pinned to the front page of the Traditionals Forum, so check the page daily" Everything after that is just information that folks may or may not be interested in.
. . . and some people aren't going to see a reason to go through all that just to buy a simple knife.
A simple knife? A SIMPLE knife?!? There's nothing simple about a forum knife.

It’s kind of funny to see all of the posts from people that have never purchased a forum knife in the past. I’m no expert (I have only bought the past three and, hopefully, a fourth this year), but I would just say, “Be patient, watch for the purchasing thread, and don’t dawdle when it shows up.” Typically, some people who posted in the count thread drop out for one reason or another and those will go to folks who missed the count thread altogether.

One issue I am curious about is how international sales will be handled. In 2019, GEC shipped them directly for a nominal ($10?) fee. I hope that will also be the case this year.

To get a feel for numbers, Charlie posted a count thread several months ago to see how many would be ordering 1 or how many would order 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back