2021 GEC #68 White Owl

kfhaYyu.jpg

z7khXpT.jpg

Blade-rub can sometimes be due to opening technique.

Does it get better or worse? My experience: cleaning out/then oiling a new knife from GEC really thoroughly helps with action & snap/ walk & talk- thus blade rub can be diminished. IF the knife is carbon and it is used, then blade rub/scratching really doesn't notice. The more it wears in the less rub (given it's not chronic and it never is on GEC) and carbon patinated so these scratches are no longer an issue. Not the same with stainless though unless it has glazed finish.

A fine pairing of light coloured carbons

yHRF5rA.jpg

My White Owl has some blade rub from careless opening a few times. It’s also got scratches and patina on the bolsters from pocket wear or even car keys. It’s got patina all over the blades from carbon steel. I never even notice the rub, it’s a non-issue unless you are having a fit because your opening of the knife has reduced its “investment” status by $30 or so. (No judgment here, that’s annoying, and you may not be certain the pattern is for you, yet.) In which case I counsel you, accept fate, put it into your pocket, and discover one of the best real world daily carry user knives GEC has made.

The White Owl is thin and doesn’t weigh down your pants. It cuts and fills the hand like a bigger knife, not particularly dainty. It’s elegant and symmetrical and adds a touch of class to the pocket.

I like this pattern so much that I’ve purchased 3 of them. Now if I lose it and discover down the road it’s unobtanium, I have another ready for the pocket. I plan to have one recovered in ivory, just haven’t figured out yet who currently does this work. (Any suggestions?)

My White Owl has some blade rub from careless opening a few times. It’s also got scratches and patina on the bolsters from pocket wear or even car keys. It’s got patina all over the blades from carbon steel. I never even notice the rub, it’s a non-issue unless you are having a fit because your opening of the knife has reduced its “investment” status by $30 or so. (No judgment here, that’s annoying, and you may not be certain the pattern is for you, yet.) In which case I counsel you, accept fate, put it into your pocket, and discover one of the best real world daily carry user knives GEC has made.

The White Owl is thin and doesn’t weigh down your pants. It cuts and fills the hand like a bigger knife, not particularly dainty. It’s elegant and symmetrical and adds a touch of class to the pocket.

I like this pattern so much that I’ve purchased 3 of them. Now if I lose it and discover down the road it’s unobtanium, I have another ready for the pocket. I plan to have one recovered in ivory, just haven’t figured out yet who currently does this work. (Any suggestions?)
Thank you kindly for the honest assessment. Much obliged

Back