22 Ammo

Our local Gun Shop is having their Anniversary Sale this weekend and a Brick (525) Of Federal 22 ammo at $27.95. Limit 2 bricks. I keep telling myself "If you wanna dance you gotta pay the fiddler" But it pisses me off.

I think it's a case of cabin fever. :D

At least they're not requiring you to buy a firearm to buy bricks in this price range. :D

IMHO We may have lived through the pinnacle of this sport/hobby and likely will never be the same. Let's face it, people have a hard time with the idea of spending hours of their time traveling on over priced fuel, to buy over priced ammo.

Fishing went down hill decades ago, hunting isn't the same and is a graying sport at that. And pop/soda can plinking, while used to be a young adult and younger fun activity has turned into a rich mans sport or doesn't exist at all without the ammo.

The same happened to motor sports, with the price, rarity, regulations, PC, are taking it out of the reach of the youth who would be the enthusiasts of the sport to carry it on into the future.
But that is the idea behind cultural change, for many if it didn't happen or in their lifetime, it never happened at all and is why they don't teach history anymore.

Remember when children would build things from wood and or metal, building skills that produced something. Where today, kids building a wall on Facebook is the norm.

Last edited:
I think it's a case of cabin fever. :D

At least they're not requiring you to buy a firearm to buy bricks in this price range. :D

IMHO We may have lived through the pinnacle of this sport/hobby and likely will never be the same. Let's face it, people have a hard time with the idea of spending hours of their time traveling on over priced fuel, to buy over priced ammo.

Fishing went down hill decades ago, hunting isn't the same and is a graying sport at that. And pop/soda can plinking, while used to be a young adult and younger fun activity has turned into a rich mans sport or doesn't exist at all without the ammo.

The same happened to motor sports, with the price, rarity, regulations, PC, are taking it out of the reach of the youth who would be the enthusiasts of the sport to carry it on into the future.
But that is the idea behind cultural change, for many if it didn't happen or in their lifetime, it never happened at all and is why they don't teach history anymore.

Remember when children would build things from wood and or metal, building skills that produced something. Where today, kids building a wall on Facebook is the norm.

Reloading keeps centerfire ammo prices reasonable if you can find components in stock. Unfortunately this isn't an option with rimfire.

Our local Gun Shop is having their Anniversary Sale this weekend and a Brick (525) Of Federal 22 ammo at $27.95. Limit 2 bricks. I keep telling myself "If you wanna dance you gotta pay the fiddler" But it pisses me off.

So I get there at 12 noon, they opened at 9 am,, I make my way in and its elbow to elbow .First salesman I see I ask where is your 22 ammo. Sold out he says, we had 67 cases,,,Gone.

Panic appears to be lifting just a tad, cabelas and gander mountain are getting some in periodically, picked up 500 mini mags from gander today for 40$. I don't care about a little price increase, if bricks end up 30$ and more expensive ammo 10c a piece by the end of this I really don't care. But i refuse to pay 50-100$ for a brick of crappy .22 and 20c for fancier .22

We're seeing it up here in Canada too, I just bought the last 1000 rounds of mini mags left in the city for $95. Should have cost me $69.90. :( Even the crappy federal bulk packs are starting to get low in supply.

Walmart the other day.

21939A69-D223-4788-846F-E661F5C2C248_zpsicodnkmb.jpg

Back