3D Shields

Always liked the Buffalo from Cripple Creek, Mike. Bitter Sweet!

Great collection, Wazu!!!

Are what looks like customized Scagels (e.g. sun shield) by Oupa (Dirk Poitgeter)? I used to enjoy seeing his work emerge. If it is, do you know if he does any current work?

It is indeed Oupa's work, shoe!! I haven't heard about him for years. But here is some more of his work along with others'3D E.jpg !

It is indeed Oupa's work, shoe!! I haven't heard about him for years. But here is some more of his work along with others'
I'd kind of forgotten about Oupa too. I always enjoyed seeing his work.

More about that Ole Jack please?
The founder of Bulldog Knives, Charlie Dorton had these made by GEC. There have been a handful of patterns which are all very nice knives.

I think there have been two different shields (one says "Krack-A-Jack"), but this one of the mule is my favorite (for good reason says my wife). The tube has nice graphics too...but I'll save that for another thread.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong about any of the above. And I think the other shield would apply to this thread if anyone has one....;)

I suppose almost any shield with writing on it would pass Charlie's "clay impression" test. Here are some variations of Rough Rider shields "in relief".
Horseshoe in circle:
NOxmeJZ.jpg

Double-R square-within-square:
N9QJ8rK.jpg

Same shield as above, with "wings":
M38pZK6.jpg

Rough Rider double bomb:
yLMoeGT.jpg

Double-R pentagonal diamond:
pmNhyTi.jpg

Masonic shield on RR canoe:
yF2AhEh.jpg

"Zombie Nick" on a RR canoe:
D5yeuvm.jpg

- GT

The founder of Bulldog Knives, Charlie Dorton had these made by GEC. There have been a handful of patterns which are all very nice knives.

I think there have been two different shields (one says "Krack-A-Jack"), but this one of the mule is my favorite (for good reason says my wife). The tube has nice graphics too...but I'll save that for another thread.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong about any of the above. And I think the other shield would apply to this thread if anyone has one....;)
Is it the other end??:p
JK, JK!!!

Does that zombie nick glow in the dark? Might have to pick one up for my kid if it does.
I don't think it glows, jimmyd. It's a putrid green color that looks like it might be glow-in-the-dark, but it's not advertised that way, and I tried "charging it up" in the sunlight for a while this afternoon, but saw nothing when I took it into a dark closet. Rough Rider's "Moon Glow" series is glow-in-the-dark, but it's a different color than the Zombie Nick knives. Here's a Moon Glow canoe:
pmRcX9J.jpg

e0KuCCX.jpg

Geez, I don't know. :rolleyes: The colors are a lot closer than I thought they were. :confused:

- GT

Wonderful shield Mark! May I ask where you found such an interesting piece of cutlery? It may belong in the Wooden Wednesday Thread as well. Really nice set!!!

Thanks James! A friend of mine found this and 2 bone handle LFC table knives at an estate sale!:thumbsup:

No mistaking that shield for anything but a handsaw, NJBillK!
Cool Barlow in cool condition!!:thumbsup:

No mistaking that shield for anything but a handsaw, NJBillK!
Cool Barlow in cool condition!!:thumbsup:
It is. Still has the factory grease and grinds on the blade. It even came with the original Hardware store price tag (just visable in the top right corner).

Last edited:
Back