4-Max?! USA Made, CPM-20CV, Cold Steel?! This can't be happening!

As requested, here are some side-by-side pics of the 4-MAX alongside the Ultimate Hunter and the American Lawman
The 4-MAX has not been released yet, these photos show the prototype.

View attachment 561062

As you can see, it's a beast!
Thanks

Thanks for the picture. Can you add jimping to the spine and perhaps make the drop point a little more nimble? I'm in on a preorder for one, but if you added these changes it would really take the cake.

Thanks for the picture. Can you add jimping to the spine and perhaps make the drop point a little more nimble? I'm in on a preorder for one, but if you added these changes it would really take the cake.

Is the Cold Steel Moderator even in the R&D department? If not, this suggestion is dust in the wind... all it is is dust in the wind. LOL.

I name my knives. This one I was going to name "MAD MAX" but seeing as I like it extra special I'm going with "MAD MAXINE"

attachment.php

Flaunting it again, so it's fresh on this page.

This is the final design. There are no plans to change it.
If you want a 4MAX with different features you'd need to talk to Andrew about a custom model
Sorry

I'm so buying one of these. I still want to know who is making them, though.

Oh, and to follow up on me earlier comments (see: HEMI in a Barbie Jeep), I'm just not a fan of CS's past efforts of unlined G-10 and AUS-8. This is literally the best lock on the market. I want to see it in something impressive, not something mediocre, at best.

Well, they are delivering.

I'm so buying one of these. I still want to know who is making them, though.

Oh, and to follow up on me earlier comments (see: HEMI in a Barbie Jeep), I'm just not a fan of CS's past efforts of unlined G-10 and AUS-8. This is literally the best lock on the market. I want to see it in something impressive, not something mediocre, at best.

Well, they are delivering.
I agree CS are doing a pretty bang up job here recently.
My only point of contention is that the unlined G-10/AUS-8 knives are not mediocre at best.
IMO they are pretty fantastic. My only gripe was that they should use a better steel and they fixed that. I like the fact that they are light in weight but very tough.

The unlined models are the antithesis to the old overbuilt (steel liners, bolts, screws) ultralock models of the same knives. Its pretty great that the tri-ad lock can be supported by unlined G-10. That alone makes it a win win. Does it feellike the Triad is too strong for the knife? I admitted that already.

But still using words like "previous efforts" lends to the idea that they somehow failed -- not the case lol.

BTW I like the old UltraLock ones more, because I am a sucker for that which cannot be obtained. And the overbuiltness of those models gives them an old rustic and primordial feel. And the UltraLock is the AXIS Lock and while its much weaker than the Triad, its the funnest fastest knife lock I ever handled while still being more than adequately strong.

As for the new models, less weight + more strength = value.

Yes sir. A hunting buddy of mine had one of the old Recons and that thing was a brick! Couldn't hardly hurt it.

Well, they failed, to me, as I didn't care for them. I never said they were of poor quality or didn't function. I also just never cared for most of the design aesthetics for CS previous line-up.

I actually have purchased a Barbie Beetle for my daughter. She liked it better than the Jeep.

Basically, CS folders have always been pretty cheesy, to me, both in design and materials. I still bought a Lawman because I like the design and wanted a Triad lock in my rotation, but it was a bit small for me, and the lock seemed like overkill in the smallish, lightweight folder. I'm excited about the 4Max because it seems to be doing everything right.

I still bought a Lawman because I like the design and wanted a Triad lock in my rotation, but it was a bit small for me, and the lock seemed like overkill in the smallish, lightweight folder.

Try tracking down an early model, it had the Tri-Ad and was lined with steel. I thought I was getting one, bid on one on Ebay got it for 20 bucks a few years ago. Said it was an old model, but when I got it was unlined G10 like the newer ones, but hey it was stripped of its coating and stonewashed. Thats a win for me.

OH man that's what I'm looking for. Why isn't the 4max an exact copy? Demko's drop point looks great, while the 4max looks kind of bloated.

Because you can ask for specific things with a custom, and he'll make it to your specifications. That's what it means to have a custom.

I am in for a 4 Maxx. I'm glad they don't have branding on it. Looks more customish.

I am in for a 4 Maxx. I'm glad they don't have branding on it. Looks more customish.

Keep in mind, prototype models usually have no printing on the blade. Expect this to change. Personally I think they should include the brass ring that some Demkos have around the pivot screw (or on the screw itself), only instead of saying "Demko Knives", have it say "Cold Steel" I think that would be flippin awesome.

So I was reading the RAO vs 4 max request thread and found out that the little hole in the handle above the finger choil is for a back-up safety pin. Can CS confirm if the 4 max will come with this extra pin or not?

Back