#44 Northwoods barlow.

We did these primarily to do the ivory before the ban hits, so we did a very large number of them. I wanted to do it on a knife that could fully display its beauty. The ivory price went up substantially as the ban grew closer. I ordered the ivory for this when I first got wind of the possibility. So I got the ivory at the same price as before. These should be within a couple dollars as last time.

We do, however have a couple bone choices and a ebony.

Im glad you went that way. I hope I'll be able to get one sometime. Thanks for the info!

They have some 44's in elephant ivory up on Knivesshipfree and they look fantastic. Out of my price range but no charge for looking at them.:)

Coming next:

UjTZKVE.jpg

Mercy!

Last edited:
I didn't know about this thread when I opened my new one. I'll throw a pic in here for posterity.

Aw man, that mammoth ivory is going to be a beauty. Probably too rich for my blood at this time.

i-CPCvb9z-X2.jpg

I started a thread with a slightly different twist regarding the Madison Barlow and it got rolled into this thread. I may have to dig deep for one of the mammoth ivories. I love this pattern.

Even if I can't get one of the ivories that brown jigged bone is gonna be great. The clip point is what I was waiting for in this pattern.

Just a heads up, I'll be posting a giveaway for one of these in Autumn gold bone tomorrow morning. Stay tuned folks! :)

Edit, forgot to add a pic!

tPwItBs.jpg

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I'll be posting a giveaway for one of these in Autumn gold bone tomorrow morning. Stay tuned folks! :)

Edit, forgot to add a pic!

tPwItBs.jpg

Wow. I really thought you were kidding when we were discussing this. Awesome! :D

Despite the thread title, isn't this Madison Barlow the same exact pattern as a GEC 43 (with the exception of the lanyard hole)? I realize the 43 pattern didn't exist when the Madison Barlow hit the scene.

Anyway, was updating my inventory sheets just now and realized that GEC now has the #44 Buffalo Jack (gunstock) pattern. Made for a bit of confusion........

Heck of an old thread bump. The first post on this page is from me. I didn't end up getting an Ivory Madison, but I did find one for my brother.

Despite the thread title, isn't this Madison Barlow the same exact pattern as a GEC 43 (with the exception of the lanyard hole)? I realize the 43 pattern didn't exist when the Madison Barlow hit the scene.

Anyway, was updating my inventory sheets just now and realized that GEC now has the #44 Buffalo Jack (gunstock) pattern. Made for a bit of confusion........

No, it is not the same frame. Straight from GEC, it is a different frame that they've only used on the Northwoods.

Got it. Thanks. Scrolling back up the thread I now see via reply #343 additional confirmation via GEC screen shot. The #44 Northwoods is stand-alone pattern for NW.

They are both on the same frame (the 42 frame). This size is one of my favorites. I know this thread is old. I ended up with three Madison Barlows including one elephant ivory which is a gem. It is one of the few traditionals I made an effort to acquire multiple knives. One of my Madisons was a give away by Derrick. I still think about him.

Back