440C

Here is a list of possible models that could be made from this size material. These would not be full flat grind, more of a "scandivex" grind.
Worker B&T
Mighty Mouse
E.W.O.K.
EDC Kephart
Panfish
CBK Necker
Paring Knife
Hiker
M-22
Bluegill
Toby
Hanna
Mini Potawatomi
Potawatomi
Improved Bowie
BasiK
MiniMuk
Riverwoods Companion
No Name
Stretched No Name

I`m sure there are others I`m forgetting, If you can think of any, post them.

If anyone has any serious interest in a model made from this steel, let me know, I want to be sure this is worthwhile to buy.

I really liked the idea of a worker slightly smaller than the worker b&t. An EDC Kephart is a great idea for this steel too though!

I really liked the idea of a worker slightly smaller than the worker b&t. An EDC Kephart is a great idea for this steel too though!

I'm with you on a smaller Worker B&T. Or maybe a stretched bluegill. Looking for 3 inch blade (possibly a touch shorter) and about a 4 inch handle in the more coke bottle shape. I'll have to figure out if I just want one of the above or to try and create a modified design off them.

There are some stretched bluegill out there correct?

L97lwyil.jpg

As far as I know I have the only stretched bluegill.
7 1/8" OAL with 3 3/8" Blade

Love the idea of the stretched blue gill, then handle looks comfortable and would stay in the. Hand well for kitchen and small cutting jobs.

IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0169.JPG Wanted to show you a pic of my 1/16 01 Big Chris Hunter, I seem to grab this one a lot, feels light in the hand, but still enough to be strong. I am not saying that is what the 1/16 440C knives should look like, just to give you an idea of what a fun 1/16 knife can be.

Which do you see better edge retention from, your 440c or 154cm?

I am keeping my order unchanged, regardless of answer.

Last edited:
Which do you see better edge retention from, your 440c or 154cm?

I am keeping my order unchanged, regardless of answer.
I don't know how accurate the comparison will be because I'm only going to get 440C in 1/16", nothing thicker, and the thinnest 154CM I get is 3/32", but if I can get the steel before my Christmas break I am going to make a small knife so I can compare them.

Back