1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

500 Post, Give Back, Do Unto Others GIVEAWAY: Case Small Texas Jack ->WINNER CHOSEN

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pertinux, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jimwalter

jimwalter

Oct 10, 2009
    I'm in! thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. uchinanchukg

uchinanchukg

Mar 30, 2009
    Congrats on 500 posts on the traditional subforum. I hope to get there someday. I don't get to post as much as I would like but I stop by often to learn as much as I can about different traditional knife patterns. It seems like I learn something everytime I'm here and for that i'm grateful for all of the wonderful mentors that we have on this subforum. I guess that's why I keep coming back. To read about other peoples experiences and stories and to soak up all of the knowledge. And of course to drool over all of the photos :)
    Thanks for the opportunity

3. knifenut880

knifenut880

Aug 13, 2009
    Count me in thanks, congrats on the coming 500th post!

4. celticpride2133

celticpride2133

Jan 30, 2012
    the donkey photos is what keeps me coming back!

5. 67nick

67nick Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2010
    I'm in and thanks for the giveaway. My favorite part about the traditional forum is meeting other members and learning about the history of traditional style knives.

6. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Congrats on the upcommin' milestone, I'm in and thanks for the giveaway.

7. rarreola

rarreola

Dec 4, 2010
    Thanks, I'm in.

8. cj65

cj65 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2008
    OK, I am a basket Case! I am not sure if I am supposed to post knife pics, but I feel inspired.
    [​IMG]

9. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Nice giveaway. Count me in.

Honestly, I did not think I would ever hang out in this subforum. My one and only infraction came from this forum. I saw a thread about douk-douk knives. I posted some pics of the CS pocket Bushman, which I felt was a modern Douk, with the addition of a lock.

I did not even know what forum. I did not think I would come back (I felt it was very uptight to get infracted with no warning).

Some one else invited me to check it out.

Now, when people post non traditional knives in here, it makes me cringe.

I find, that the traditional forum is the most relaxed, least confrontational and most welcoming forum on this site.

It is a great place to hang out and relax.

I had not used or carried a traditional in about more than 2 decades. I had a Scharade old timer as a kid that some one decided they needed more than me (took it out of my coat when I hung it up on the coat rack).

[​IMG]

10. pertinux

pertinux Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Well I'll be. I've now hit post #500 in Traditional-- sooner than I'd anticipated.

Therefore, rather than give this the "about a week" I'd initially guesstimated, I'm going to leave it open for one more day, closing the contest at 3pm EST tomorrow afternoon (6/16/12) and choosing a winner as soon as possible after that. While early-ish, this remains within the parameters of "Do Unto Others": when I'm entered into a contest, a quick close means I have a better numerical chance of being picked. :)

Thanks so much to everyone who has entered; would that I could do an Oprah (up to a point), jump up and down and repeatedly proclaim, "EVERYONE GETS A KNIFE!! EVERYONE GETS A KNIFE!! EVERYONE GETS A...."

You get the idea. I'd love that.

Instead, inspired by sitflyer's Goobers, I've begun compiling my Kitten Random Number Picker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The marbles will be atop a Junior Carroms board; marbles and kittens will be released together, with the last marble (un)pocketed signifying the winning post entry.

I fear for its success, especially since so many of you have posted awesome pictures of your own felines, the kittens may well now have favorite entries of their own.

Have I any question about my method's efficacy or outcome, I will rely on random.org as previously noted.

Either way: get your entry in before I lose my marbles. ;)

Good luck!

~ P.

11. reader1

reader1

Aug 16, 2008
    I am in.

Thank you.

I now live in two knife wastelands, Chicago and West Palm Beach Florida. Very few good knife stores now. Chicago used to have wonderful Gun & Knife Stores. VL&A sold original Scagels. No more.

BF Traditional Forum has been a haven for me to see and appreciate knives that I will never handle or own.

My sincere thanks to the mods and the many wonderful contributors.

Mike H.

12. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Count me in too...I love this sub-forum out of all of them because we all carry knives from an era when people were more civilized and we conduct ourselves as such posting to threads here. Its easy to sit back and see what people are doing with their life and knives and the stories posted are just great.

Congrats on 500! :)

13. markpmc

markpmc

Aug 10, 2011
    I'm in please. My pics are really bad compared to those already posted. If selected the Texas Jack would to my 8 yo son.

14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I'm in please. Thanks for the opportunity. Love the kitten number generator.

15. SurfingSalmon

SurfingSalmon

Jan 11, 2011
    I would love to be included in this giveaway. The Traditional subforum has helped me finally appreciate patina. I was scared of it at first, I thought it funky. After reading around though, I've learned that patina shows character of a knife; it's like the history of a knife etched on the blade. With this new knowledge, I'm very eager to start collecting noncarbon steel blades and writing my own story with them. Thanks for the giveaway, and thanks Traditional subforum.

16. bmwhitt

bmwhitt

May 3, 2012
    Count me in! I just got my first Peanut with my initials and got my dad one for Father's day too! thanks!

17. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    In like Flynn! I have a need for Case CV! Thank you for your generosity.

18. pertinux

pertinux Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Latest entry numbers ready to be added to the Kitten Random Number Picker....

[​IMG]

~ P.

19. Flying Guillotine

Flying Guillotine

Jan 2, 2011
    Awesome! (this is not an entry, since I already entered earlier)

Simply a request to see a video of the kitten selection process, if possible. Sounds awesome!

20. Finedges

Finedges

Jul 6, 2009
    Your thoughts and ideas for this giveaway are outstanding! I too have gained much from visiting and recently contributing to this great sub forum. I as well found GEC here and am grateful as I enjoy their quality and the beautiful hues of a patina'd carbon blade combined with wood or bone handles. I'll post some of the GEC's I've picked up. Thank you for the inspiring giveaway. Hope I'm not to late!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]