#6375 Case Large Stockman

62335387-91C9-43E8-B8F5-2F6404BEF812_zpsjyd0ya4t.jpg

8676EA90-01F4-4A37-A8AE-88E998F8AFAE_zpsuoprba6v.jpg

6252E69C-1D8C-4F17-A7C1-E1CE0AA9606F_zpse1ae2m8x.jpg

32302EF4-8BFD-419D-8CE4-6E0425863155_zps6g9zpgto.jpg

B15FE5A1-ED06-4127-8D63-E42D391AFA1F_zpsj5pucbbt.jpg

09E79DE8-0372-40E8-A95C-59A064F7E7E5_zpsr3lcmtbw.jpg

This just came in (from one of our BF sponsor vendors here). I just couldn't resist trying the classic Case large Stockman... What an impressive pocket knife this is!! This is a BIG knife, I mean when you hold this knife in hand there's no doubt in your mind that this is a WORKING KNIFE. This one is up to any task a traditional folding knife could ever be asked to do. It's a beast! It's got a great heft to it. The fit n finish is excellent. The blades are tight and plenty sharp. Wow!

My fascination with the Stockman pattern is a recent one, but it's definitely become a favorite. I now have two - the #66 Northfield Calf Roper and now this large Case Stockman in Amber bone. Someone here once referred to the large Stockman as "the anti-Peanut"... I must say YES IT IS! Lol

If you need a big, bold and sturdy working knife for a very reasonable price you can't go wrong with a large Case Stockman. But realize this one is BIG! I wear XXL size gloves and even I thought "Whoa!" when i unwrapped it at the Post Office. But I like this knife alot. It may be a candidate for a belt sheath for some folks. I plan to just drop it in the pocket of the Carhartt work pants that I always wear (if you wear dress slacks I doubt pocket carry would work for most of you), but my own daily casual attire is perfectly fine for it.

This is Day One for me with this knife, but I will update this thread periodically as time goes on with impressions and pics.

Additional impressions: (more details added ref this specimen - (this is the Review I wrote on it on Collectorknives.com where I got it)

"Just received this #6375 in Amber bone and CV. This is my first Lg Stockman. I had my Northfield #66 and loved the pattern. So I wanted to try Case's Large Stockman.

My first reaction was "WHOA what a BIG knife!" This is a real working man's knife here, FULL sized and very robust. The blades were tight and very sharp with no wobble. The sheepfoot rubs the main clip blade just a wee bit but this is no big deal and is pretty common with Stockmans from what I hear. The three blades all nestle together very nicely in this knife and are properly seated (no proud tips!). The main clip blade is centered when closed and straight when open (spring is very slightly proud when open). There are no half-stops on any of the blades. Same with the Spey blade, straight when open and the spring is flush when open and closed. No wobble on any blades and a good walk/talk/snap to all.

The Amber bone scales were perfect with no gaps or rough spots. The Amber bone was beautiful and the jigging nicely done. The nickel-silver bolsters were nicely polished and beautiful.

In hand this knife has a nice heft to it. The large grip is definitely a plus for serious work. For me the grip was comfortable, especially with the main blade deployed (the sheepfoot does not cause discomfort when gripped).

This is a great knife. I'm quite impressed with it, especially considering it's price range. It's BIG, so some may like to carry this one in a belt sheath. But if you wear work pants with deep sturdy pockets it's no problem at all.

I give the Case Large Stockman two thumbs up :)"

Last edited:
What a beautiful knife! I really love stockman patterns. I wish they made a large stockman with rounded bolsters...just a personal preference of mine.

It'll be cool to see pics as you carry and use it over time.

Jim

Beautiful knife Arizona! I have no doubt it'll give you years of great service and work:) I look forward to pics after some use and patina.
Ryan

What a beautiful knife! I really love stockman patterns. I wish they made a large stockman with rounded bolsters...just a personal preference of mine.

Jim

Try this for examples.

Go to Google. Click on "Images".

Type in "large stockman round bolsters". Hit "enter".

There are offerings from Moore Maker, Queen, and others to look at.

Robert

Hey Jeff here is one with a little time on it.

And a few other large Stocky's.

A very appealing knife. The Amber Bone gives an authenticity too and they are certainly something of a bargain. I've had one for some years and been very pleased with it, I find the pull just right: firm but not a nail abuser and decent snap on mine. It certainly is a big item and I only carry it during the winter when I can stow it in a coat pocket. Fans of the bigger knife should certainly get one of these, a mainstay in the Large Stockman stable.

Thanks, Will

Jim

Here's Böker's (Germany) version of the Large Stockman with round bolsters. Carbon, Apoloosa Bone

IMG_1045.jpg

^^^ Thanks Invoice, yours is actually one of the knives that has caught my eye on this forum and had me lusting for one! I've become increasingly fascinated with the Stockman the past few months. I started out thinking "No way will I ever have a pocket knife with 3 blades - that's way too fat and bulky!". Well a couple months ago I got my #66 Stockman (Calf Roper) from one of our brothers here and have really come to love the pattern now. I can see where 3 blades can be a very nice set of choices (and I love the clip/sheepfoot/spey selection) - making it possible for a blade to be dedicated for food for example, another for misc cutting duties and another for reaming the bowl of my old pipe, etc.

This Lg Stockman is definitely a King Sized knife, but I like it! I wear casual attire 99% of the time, typically Carhartt work pants or something similar with large, deep heavy-lined pockets, cargo pockets, etc. This isn't for everyone, but in my environment it's just fine. :)

Back