#78 American Jack

Wow, GEC rocks.

Two week turn around time. Just got my 78 back in the mail, with a lighter pull. Still very strong and still the snappiest knife I own.....but with a pull that allows me to use it.

First time really carrying and using this Christmas present.

Very happy man. Thinking this will be getting lots of pocket time.

Jim

Fantastic to hear that GEC took good care of you....
The #78 is one sweet knife, maybe somewhat underrated.

image.jpg

^^^^:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D

I agree and congrats to getting your knife back, better than before!:thumbup:
Perry

First Run (2014)
4hiqq5E.jpg

4VXEqh5.jpg

2nd Run coming soon!
And I’ll be all over these like a fat kid on a twinkle! I’m having a hard time trying to decide which I want to preorder. Anyone heard of any other SFO then the 3 blade and DLT Appaloosa?

Last edited:
And I’ll be all over these like a fat kid on a twinkle! I’m having a hard time trying to decide which I want to preorder. Anyone heard of any other SFO then the 3 blade and DLT Appaloosa?

greateasterncutlery.net/blog/production-schedule/

Jack, I'm going to do a clip mod on a Northfield or two or three, be happy to do one for you. Needs to be Northfield because of the long pull, nail nick is too forward. But it'll be neat.

can't wait to see it! may take you up on that offer

I see GEC updated the schedule today and what I noticed is a SFO 78 for Kniveshipfree in blue camel bone. I don't recall seeing that one before?

Ae there other changes to the sched?

,,,Mike in Canada

Not to be a weenie, but isn't that called the "kifer" shield on the Kifer Cutlery Tortoise Shell SFO? Or is that it and I'm just some kid of a gulla bull after reading a typo?

Ah, you’re right. I saw “spear blade” and mental association made me think that was the spear shield.

Weenie. ;)

I think this run of 78's will be awesome ! There is a lot of nice cover options and shield choices ! Can't wait !

We finally have some production pics of the M&G SFO! They’re causing me some problems though, because now I legitimately don’t know if I want the pick bone or Cocobolo. They both look pretty great.

I do I do.

78-Kifer-Tortoise-Shell-600x600.jpg
Where do you find these design drawings? I have seen a couple of these GEC mock-ups on BF the last few weeks. I don't recall bumping into model and covering specifics like this on the GEC site?

And yes it is good to see the "What is Happening" page full of 78 work photos.

,,,Mike in Canada

Back