A little bling for a SUBCOM

I love this little knife! :thumbup: Kudos to Boker and Chad Los Banos (DAYWALKER) :thumbup:

... but, I seem to have the Pimp gene, 'cause I just can't help myself :eek:

Replaced the G10 scale with carbon fiber, 1/8" thick. Makes the overall knife a little thicker, but it really aids opening with the left hand (off-side for me). Nice thumb ramp to put your thumb on the sweet spot of the thumbstud :)

Couple pics of it open.

Hope you like :D

Oh, that is nice.
I may need you to do that to my mirror polished SubCom.
Thanks, Terry

That is very nice, wish I had one of those little knives. :(

TJT, when do you expect to get any in at Smoky Mtn. knife works ? Since I live very close, I keep checking weekly but none in yet.

Chad did wonderful on that knife and I want one for my survival gear.

Robbie Roberson ;)

Very nice nice work. I'm sure DAYWALKER will have something to say about it being thicker.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Terry... I'm honored, but I'm still too much of an amateur to tackle someone else's knife... Especially a custom mirror polished SUBCOM :eek: :eek:

Ghostrider... No offense meant to DAYWALKER :foot: Thin is definitely "IN" for the SF. I just went with the 1/8" material because that is what I had. It is definitely more "noticeable" in the pocket with the thicker scale. With the original scale, it practically disappears in the pocket :cool: :D

Aloha potterma!

Whoa, like I said over at the "other forum"...GREAT JOB!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

No offense taken regarding the thickness factor, as initially, I DID want the SF to be somewhat thick...kinda like their aluminum handled KAL47's...you know, so you KNOW ya got a beefy lil' blade in your hand!!! More...3D if you will...then I asked for G10, but it wasn't possible at the time.:(

I think your interpretation of the SF handle in terms of your "molestation" :D of it, was what I wanted it to be!;) Uh...can we get a top view of it?

Again, GREAT job, and thanks for choosing my SF to add some "bling" to!:D

God bless and take care:thumbup:

That looks great. I went the whole month of January and almost half way through February without buying knife. So much for saving money for taxes. I am going to have to pick one of these up.

Chad,
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words :cool: :D

After carrying the Molested SubCom for a few days, I think I'll do a little more sculpting on the CF. Sure would like to nest that liner. :eek: It would look much cleaner.

Hope these are close to the shots you are after.... :D I shot them in a hurry tonight, sorry they aren't so great... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Edge_3.jpg
    Edge_3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Edge_1.jpg
    Edge_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Edge_2.jpg
    Edge_2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 73
Aloha potterma,

Well, those "kind and encouraging words" were GREATLY deserved!:thumbup:

YES!!! Okay, see, ideally that is how I wanted the SF...imagine the framelock side being just as thick as your CF side. I kinda wanted this lil' design to have more "dimension" to it. Thanks for the shots, I see what ya mean about the liner, but it's still looking good to me!;)

Mahalo much potterma, and great, great job considering the tools you told me you used!:eek:

God bless and mahalo:thumbup:

Marc123 said:
That looks great. I went the whole month of January and almost half way through February without buying knife. So much for saving money for taxes. I am going to have to pick one of these up.

Aloha Marc123,

Thanks! Let us know your thoughts in the SF review sticky IF you do get one. I tell you the truth, it's a fun lil' knife that really does come in handy...example:

I carry a Spyderco C102 Dialex designed Adventura model and my SF. Now, if someone asks, "Hey, who got a...Chad, lemme borrow a knife!" I hand them the SF! Now, yes, it is a rather shameful promotion of my SF, but the SF is much easier to replace than my C102.:)

God bless and thanks:thumbup:

Mahalo Chad,

The "Heavy Duty" SubCom sounds like a beefy little guy :D Would you also go with a thicker blade? Maybe up to match or slightly exceed the scale thickness? I'm salivating all over myself just thinking about it :eek: :eek:

Mr. Roberson,
No, I didn't, sorry.
I will try to check. I am not sure why they don't have them, as I still
have some here in stock at the warehouse. I will check their file and try to see if they have any on order.
Thanks, Terry

TJT, I try to go there each week, so I'll continue to keep an eye out for them, thank you for checking.

Robbie Roberson ;)

potterma said:
Mahalo Chad,

The "Heavy Duty" SubCom sounds like a beefy little guy :D Would you also go with a thicker blade? Maybe up to match or slightly exceed the scale thickness? I'm salivating all over myself just thinking about it :eek: :eek:

Aloha potterma,

Yeah, it was supposed to be a "beefy" lil' one! Thicker blade for sure, and if done right a thicker blade to scale ratio is definite...okay, now this is the part where we both wake up!:eek:

GREAT job though, and again, thank you.:cool:

God bless:thumbup:

TJT said:
Mr. Roberson,
No, I didn't, sorry.
I will try to check. I am not sure why they don't have them, as I still
have some here in stock at the warehouse. I will check their file and try to see if they have any on order.
Thanks, Terry

Aloha Terry,

Hey bro, I heard that Germany needed something like about 250-400 of them, and Mr. Felix himself said that BokerUSA was supposed to assist in filling THAT order? :confused: :thumbup:

Also, since you are checking on SMKW, try also with AG Russell...he said he isn't carrying them because they are not in stock.:confused: :confused:

Maybe the first run shoulda been 3000?:D :rolleyes:

God bless:thumbup:

Back