A little father son time........

Took my boy out today for a little R&R. We went out to a local creek and made a fire, ate lunch, and just goofed off.

He had fun, as did I. I like to get out for a bit just him and me. Heres some pics.....

The little man
101_1280.jpg

A little knife Pron. This combo works really well for me. Those 12in trams are amazing!
101_1281.jpg

Used the MSR stowaway pot to make alittle canadian bacon, My son said he wished we had a machine that just spit out bacon. Me too son, me too.:D
101_1285.jpg

The tram is a versitale piece of kit. Pulls double duty as a spatula:thumbup:
101_1286.jpg

Sporks rule!!!!! Especially Titanium ones:D
101_1291.jpg

Did a little bow shootin too. Mtnfolfk mike made me the kickass armguard:thumbup:
101_1282.jpg

My boy and his stick...
101_1295.jpg

some scenery
101_1288.jpg

101_1283.jpg

pic of the pelican PSK.....
101_1293.jpg

Last edited:
me and the wild one.....
101_1297.jpg

Bluff pic
101_1304.jpg

did some reading. Mtnfolk mike also sent me this. A very early edition of kepharts book he scored me from a used book shop....:thumbup:
101_1302.jpg

101_1303.jpg

Couldnt help myself:eek:
101_1298.jpg

It was a sweet time. 80 degrees, no humidity, all in all a great day.

Yeah, he found all the wood and helped with the construction....

Bacon Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you had a great day with your son. He looks to be about the same age as my granddaughter (damn, I`m old :eek:) If you need to use that Tram for a spatula, you need a big belly Nessmuk. ;)
Enjoy your time with your son, they grow up way too fast.

John

I do need one of them nessies.;)

Yeah feels like he was just a baby last week..... Hes gettin to be quite a little man. I love spending time with him. Fortunatly I get to be home alot b/c of my job....

Richard-- that depends. When the water is up there are, but its pretty low right now. I seen few small ones, and alot of crayfish, but nothing big enough to bother with. I have pulled some huge snappers out of there though. Its wonderfull when the waters up. Its very clear and cold.

Great looking young man JW! Sounds like you guys had a great time...that's a cool little wooden spoon/fork in your Pelican case.

ROCK6

Those are some great pics J, You and your boy look like you had a blast.

Good to see you getting some quality family time, and getting away from work!

Thanks guys. It was nice to get away for a few hours. I had fun with him. I am enjoyin being off, but not lookin forward to workin all weekend:grumpy:

All weekend, dude that sucks! I ussually work labor day weekend, but took he time off to make it to WAR at Marty Simon's place.

I will bro!

Your a better man then me bro, I see stupid and I just drive on by.

It looks like you guys had a great time J. :thumbup:
I like the pics of the stacked boulders and your little man with his stick. Every man needs a fine staff :D
The world needs less stupid; keep driving brother ;)
Go Cardinals!

Yeah, how would you like to be under that bluff when it broke off:eek:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I know I like to see pics of people out hangin while im not, so I figured Id share.:thumbup:

I'm jealous. Fine looking lad and wonderful scenery!

I need to find some areas by me that I can take my 7yr old son and play with fire.

Most of the trails and suck we hike or geocache on are ran by the IDNR (Illinois Dept of Natural Resources I think) and last I knew, fires were prohibited.

I'll have to look into trying to find some areas close to home I guess.

Back