1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

A year in the addiction . and a small giveaway.-- Winner announced.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by mamun1024, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mamun1024

mamun1024

Jan 31, 2011
    Hi everyone. Well, it has been a year already since I caught the INFI bug! I thought I’d do a giveaway to celebrate.

It seems only yesterday I was searching for a strong camping/survival knife. The Busse name kept coming up in my searches frequently, yet every time I went to the Busse website, all I saw is a single model, not the ones I read about :grumpy:
    Few days later, more hours on the web, I saw the videos from NOS at knifetests.com, and saw the Field & stream article of The 20 Best Knives Ever Made. I knew I had to have a Battle Mistress regardless of the cost or where I had to get it from.

Few days later, I bit the bullet and bought my first Busse, a CGFBM, the most expensive knife I ever bought. Long story short, after a bit of hassle with the first Busse transaction, I had my CGFBM in hand and the my expression was WOW! :eek::eek::eek: I was darn impressed! I thought this would be the ONLY Busse knife I would ever buy. I few days went by, I started coming to the forum, reading posts and looking (drooling) at all the blades pics, then somehow I ended up buying a HHFSH.

[​IMG]

Another few days later I scored on my first ganza, and then KH hooked me up with a SFNOLE, and ASH-1LE.

[​IMG]

The rest is a blur….. I somehow ended up with all these Busse knives. :D

[​IMG]

So, let this be a lesson to the new guys and gals, stay away before you fall into this slippery slope! :foot: All I wanted was ONE strong knife, now I feel like…. as l2lku2 said…. an Epic Fail. :rolleyes:

Through the months I’ve met many outstanding folks on the forum, made some friends, saw acts of generosity, and folks going out of their ways to help one another. I’ve realized that it’s not just the knives, not just the Busse Company, nor the Busse employees; it’s all the fine folks that meet here on this forum. It is the Busse community that made the Busse experience so exceptional. I am thankful to many of you for assisting me understanding the rather unusual process along the way, you helped me by answering my questions, and by letting me have many of your fine blades. So, thank you!

Now for the giveaway, I have a new Busse Combat coffee mug (I've only taken it out of the box to snap couple of pics) that I would like to give way. All you need to do to qualify is to post that you are interested. A pic of your favorite knife/knives would be awesome too as we all love Busse nrop.

Here are couple of pics of the coffee mug.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will use random.org to pick a winner next Monday night 2/27/12.

I apologize for the bad quality pics, the lighting wasn’t so great... Thank you.

2. high desert

high desert

May 20, 2009
    Awesome collection. I'd be happy to only have the ones in the first photo. Keep up the good work. Count me in.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. onlooker96

onlooker96 Banned BANNED

Jan 3, 2010
    So your like the first of the Uber-Hog to show his entire collection?

4. voracious1

voracious1

Aug 10, 2011
    Wow, great year! I appreciate the nice mug offer, but i like that dwms a little more. Lets talk.;)

porkacious

5. Coduhhh

Coduhhh

Jun 26, 2011
    I love Busse's and Coffee, Bring it on!

Nice Hellrazor :cool:

6. ol_sc

ol_sc

Sep 12, 2011
    What a collection! Can I have a knife instead? :D

Count me in.

7. Major Kong

Major Kong Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Cool giveaway. I'd love a new coffee mug. Thanks!

8. Snakedoc

Snakedoc

Mar 7, 2007
    I am in.

That is a great collection, I see a few grails there!!

Favorite Busse: ZTSH
    [​IMG]

9. ceiw

ceiw

Aug 25, 2006
    I'll play...count me in since a couple of those knives look very familiar:D

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I have sold more plasma and sperm (not to mention a kidney and a lung) this year to fund "knife purchases" than I care to think about sooooooo

Sign me up....

[​IMG]

11. bobbystoney

bobbystoney Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I'd love the mug. Thanks for the chance.

You've got an awesome collection! Very impressive for your first year. Hell, that's impressive for a lifetime.

12. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    cool collection and giveaway. I'm in and thanks for the chance!

cricket

13. HJD

HJD

Nov 25, 2011
    Just started my Busse experience since Christmas of 11. I agree that it's all the people along with the company that make this one happy family. With that I'm going to pour myself a drink and celebrate while eating a bacon sandwiche.

14. knifenut880

knifenut880

Aug 13, 2009
    Love Busse and coffee mugs, you got great collection there ! Count me in on this gaw

15. nick425

nick425

Apr 22, 2011
    Wicked collection, sir. Count me in on the give away!
    [​IMG]

16. drbarnes

drbarnes

Sep 13, 2010
    thanks for the chance! If I win I'll start drinking coffee :cool:

My favorite Busse is the CGFBM

[​IMG]

17. <Flux>

<Flux>

Apr 28, 2011
    Nice collection! What will it be like in another year?

I'm interested in the GAW. Thanks!

18. wolfdad

wolfdad

Sep 20, 2010
    will there be anything in the mug for the winner to partake in?? I'm in. btw, that HHFSH is impressive, caught my eye as I looked through your pics.

19. RussMo

RussMo

Apr 1, 2007
    Bro, now that is getting giggy with the wallet, FAR OUT collection, well done!!!

20. Circle10

Circle10 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2011
    That's quite a collection you have there. I have been hooked for about the last year as well but I have a very long way to go to catch up to you. Count me in. Thanks.

[​IMG]