acronyms list

I think there were to be 40 SOW variants... Where did I read that? Dreaming, maybe?

Just speculating, but I would guess less than 100.

I'm still waiting on my ruck, should be here soon. Can't wait to see that one.

What are the other three grail busses for you?

2 of them are coming in the mail some day.

I basically wanted them to fit into 4 catagories with a set of specific features.
A dedicated machete that could chop - the ruck kensai,
A dedicated prybar (choiless - the hogsjtacle fits the bill, but has a choil),
A dedicated slicer - something really thin with no choil, at least a 5" long blade. i have 2 of them on order, and someday i hope to have them show up at my doorstep :D,
And a dedicated chopper. Something huge, 3/8" thick or thicker. I'd go for 1/2" thick, but I know it wont happen any time soon. I have one of these on order as well.

I may have just missed this but is the Model-T on the list (MT)?

Great list - is there a list of blade shapes (with pics would be great) on bladeforums anywhere? I don't have any luck typing in more that one word in their search engine - it just returns me a blank page...

www.badmojo.tv
That site has some great pics and info. Unfortunately it's a few years out of date, so it's not as accurate as this thread, but it has a good amount of photos. Also check out the Nothin' But Pics thread at the top of the Busse forum. :thumbup:

The search engine is really tricky. You have to use words that are unique and uncommon. The word "knife" wont bring back anything, becuase it would have to drag up a list of almost every thread on bladeforums, wich would require to many server resources for the general bladeforums population.

Instead, you have to use words like "inspired" when looking for the bolo inspired battle blade, because "bolo", "battle", and "blade" are likely to be very common here.

A good example is if you remember a mispelling within the thread, like a thread i started that had "porr" in the title instead of "poor". Using the mispelling makes it much easier to drag the thread back up because theres only 1 single use of the word on bladeforums, gaurenteeing an easy retrieval for the system.

If your looking for a more generic list of blade shapes and grinds, such as "drop point", "clip point", "saber", "chisel" or "convex", there are other resources on the web that are easy to get to. If you type in "blade grinds" or "blade shapes" "drop point" "trailing point", you should be able to find a few reference pages that show you what your looking for.

If I ever do a "history of busse" or a much more thorough website (when i'm rich and dont work :D:D ), I'd like to ad a general broad description of what busse does, rather then a list of nomenclature thats specific to the company.

As it is, there is only a very sparce description of blade shapes in the list, with almost no reference to the general type of primary grind on the knife (flat, convex, saber) unless it is specifically unique to the line as a variant.

I appologize for that, but i'm probably going to keep it that way to keep the list reletively short. One day, when i have a little more time I'll try making a list of general blade shapes and profiles, and link them to the various model lines through line drawings, similar to what dan koster did for the himalayan imports faq page.

back from the grave:

what am I missin????????

theres gotta be somethin from the last year that I haven't added in here yet... remember though: if its a combination of present terms such as "batac = ba (badger attack model) and tac (with tactical handles), it is invalid.

:D

i should probably add a list of ganza names and the corresponding dates...

Great Post .Thanks for info , this will help alot of people including myself .

Thanks a lot! this should cut down the amount of stupid questions i have to ask in half

Excellant work LVC. the smog stands for special military overun game warden :thumbup:

That is a lot of information....

Wait a minute.... are you the guy that mixes the Kool-aid???!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

LVC--AWESOME list! I'm really impressed with the amount of info in one place!! Thank you! :D

Great list LVC. :thumbup:

You could add the....

PK = Piano Key (5 made, I believe for Blade '05. A Thourot/Busse collaboration)
GPK = Grand Piano Key (modded 6" PBF by Mike Thourot)
SD = Scotch Dispenser

∞

Back