Addicted to Knives...?

Is it bad that I am hiding my purchases from loved ones? Or that I bought a CRKT KISS so that i can work my way up from linerlock to framelock to Sebenza?

God grant me the finances to buy the knives I can, the will to save for those knives I cannot, and the wisdom to explain my purchases to the wife.

I would have made up the 12 steps to recovery, but I don't think anyone cares to be recovered.

I am not too much of a collector of anything, I am a user of knives, and I have developed an appreciation for things that are the best, but since I cannot always afford the best, I find what is the most bang for the buck. Knives are an extension of me, and a part of my personality. Everyone of my family and friends know I am the one who has the knife/leatherman on hand...

YeK

I'm not addicted to knives like all you guys.
I can prove it, too.
The last thing I bought wasn't a knife (I haven't bought a knife for weeks) - I've just bought some books.

"Points of Interest" volumes I-IV.

And waiting for volume V.........

HEY! I thought I was being unique in having most of the sharpened toys sent to a PO Box instead of the house! Still have to get them into the house, though.

Today a letter came advising I won a firearm (unknown until Monday what I won) in a pistol match months ago...and I immediately began wondering what knives I might be able to get in trade (Rossi .38 snub nose = ?)... not sure, but I MAY have caught the bug, too

Hi, my name is Joel and I'm an addict. No....wait...I'm just obeying scripture.

Luke 22:36 ....and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Anyone need some used Wranglers?

"bigsharpything", "three hail spyderco's", thank goodness there's more of us out there.

Would the "coincidence" of taking midtour leave from Saudi Arabia at the same time as the Blade Show in Atlanta qualify me as addicted?

Or that I shipped 30 of my favorite "babies" to be here with me when I get lonely?

Maybe that I can recite all my credit card numbers without opening my wallet when ordering?

My favorite, that happened at the last knife show I went to. My wife, upon looking at a few knives, states " $300 for a knife like that? That's not bad at all". " Man do I love her!!!

As for the "bigsharpything-itis" I have been infected. So much to the point of infecting others. Before I arrived, one of the guys who lived here (Nate), had one knife. He now has two Spyderco's, three Gerber's, a leatherman Wave, a Buck 119 Special, and has three other knives on order from Knifecenter.com. Hallelujah, another convert!!

Geez, I've been in a state of denial. Just because I haven't been doing the hard stuff, I didn't think I was actually hooked! I have charlton fly reels, sage rods, six baitcastors, a boat, etc, as well as a couple of fillet knives. And, while I might go for 3 months without getting out on the water, not a week goes by that I don't pull out the knives, test the edges, touch them up a little (like they actually get dull just sleeping in their sheathes), wonder if their isn't a blade out their which is more corrosian resistant, or keeps and edge better. And that knife, that one which would be the last one and do the job henseforth, is no longer the last one. "I'll bet someone has thought up something better yet!" that little voice inside whispers. And all this time I haven't fondled one of my fly reels, tinkered with a rod or fly line, sat in the boat, or tied a fly. Knives are different - different from anything else I own.

Back