1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ADVICE NEEDED - BEST ALL AROUND HUNTING KNIFE

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hale Storm, May 20, 2017.

1. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Hard to beat the CRK Nyala. We've clean many a deer with mine and it does everything you would expect and keeps a hell of an edge.

2. chumaman

chumaman

Nov 13, 2012
    o_O Nyala is fine knife but just that..What I said before proper D2 and then elmax etc ... and of course the geometry behind the edge is very important, and certainly always custom in front of the production knives.

And that deer is ok but try the wild boar;)

hugofeynman likes this.
  3. sfrigon1

sfrigon1

Oct 2, 2016
    Trc k1s in elmax or M390 ,perfect all around knife to fit your needs

4. KindPredator

KindPredator

Oct 16, 2017
    Good day. Here you can see the best knives. I like Hoffman Richter Wolf. By the way, it fits your criteria. How cheap it is, I do not know.

5. xyrium

xyrium Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Since you threadsurrected this one :), I'll take advantage of it and ask: Op, what did you buy?

6. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    Bark River Bravo 1 maybe?

7. xyrium

xyrium Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2016
    or did Evans get 'er done?

8. JPricey82

JPricey82

Nov 28, 2018
    Bench made Steep Country is an awesome option! I also love the H1 from Fallkniven.

9. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    • I like my Spyderco Bill Moran Drop Point. I have used it in the field since it was introduced many years ago. Here are some videos about it that may be of interest. It is light weight with excellent ergonomics.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. lickback

lickback

Oct 9, 2018
    + 1 for fallkniven

11. Yorkshire Boy

Yorkshire Boy

Sep 27, 2008
    Old thread but an Enzo Trapper 115 in elmax.

12. Seesteel

Seesteel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2018