Photos Agents of SHIELD - Your Favorite Traditional Knife Shields

Here are a couple of Case shields I like because they seem to be less commonly used, and IMHO they work so well with the bone they're on.
I think this first one looks great on the sawcut bone:
aQbtGZu.jpg

And this red version of the "usual" Case shield looks sensational to me on the Navy blue jigged bone:
dPFMInU.jpg

- GT

Here are a couple of Case shields I like because they seem to be less commonly used, and IMHO they work so well with the bone they're on.
aQbtGZu.jpg

And this red version of the "usual" Case shield looks sensational to me on the Navy blue jigged bone:
dPFMInU.jpg

- GT
Is that a wharncliff blade on the blue knife? That is a mighty fine looking knife! The red shield looks great on green bone, too.

aQbtGZu.jpg

dPFMInU.jpg

- GT
I agree in both "Case"s :D:thumbsup:

aQbtGZu.jpg

dPFMInU.jpg

- GT
9fTQBPiIPwUGq1y6G9EO-EntzIc98N19xyJPZYjPOFA7c7siwBFRmVmENS5LOZPxJCYqFnhox8YIBKvnKIQHuVQGn1Ru5hWSdRW0D0GcSIcQPDam3FpgIAg86Wde2ecO4N1lt2C6LlU3gGudRsfqN8YNmFn-_yZRSHKThUj9i1ggblV9G_UB2qdoJC_Gn7rzJn_9_4MPE7WvYExlGVPIoqZbBLUHialuk3c1He3_gUjUKnHCLlC2oP_FwyEpzakl2hjMwmCX__x0m3EMs-nXjpx7hGDqtB0OCOdVv6JtiDfR93Vg0tJXTtqABWmb-0_2pPL1-anyJ6l92p4izYJL0aYXZV8X37QEbgNJC02kqq8m0kM40iheNYJ2uSe-loGU-QrlxjLHT528Rht4gd9G9Gjx36bZVb3WqfcaRf34f_KDuGT4o3bVODo7TfsxfZwTOpUxY7trNbivKZdM-Jk8A1UXeZnGpqWPy5tM8RaUq0YeAt2NTrT54mrHWXkz803DrNv5_WxUTb-6l7bnnv5YkUWxC3DseCy5aMPTZynn6XH90arNfqfNOIPCPEleJ7PjZbYQOzfdCpRKGEjFlY8t_Xw9dd0Js6IpdGZd0COf9WfPx30_wfpnbyJ_Wm7HRTOk=w1186-h889-no

Is that a wharncliff blade on the blue knife? That is a mighty fine looking knife! The red shield looks great on green bone, too.
Thanks, Prester John Prester John . :) Yeah, that's a Navy blue bone mini copperhead with Wharncliffe main blade. I think it's one of my best-looking knives. ;)

I agree in both "Case"s :D:thumbsup:
Thanks, Kevin. :):D

Are these "engravings" on wood handles considered shields??
VHUuAs6.jpg

erS7tez.jpg

Can scrimshaw play the role of a shield??
D2xLUE2.jpg

Are the Moon&Stars on this Okapi a shield??
o2yxMaF.jpg

THIS is definitely a shield!
sdVdlKB.jpg

- GT

Very good to see this thread in grand health again :thumbsup:

Timely too, given GEC's latest 'controversial' shield choice for the newest 38. I'm a big fan of the pattern, but that shield? Not at all :D but that's the allure of choice and GEC certainly strives to offer it (even if it's the wrong choice ;))

Here, I like to feel they got it right and it's a question aesthetics/suitability.

WfJZaSZ.jpg

Back