Airless Exchange?

Everybody is noticing it Rat30, But what are we to do? The exchange sure does get busy and threads get pushed pages back quickly. I for one and I'm sure others do look at pages that are way back. But if your selling, nothing like having your post on top for "better" viewing;)

Everybody is noticing it Rat30, But what are we to do? The exchange sure does get busy and threads get pushed pages back quickly. I for one and I'm sure others do look at pages that are way back. But if your selling, nothing like having your post on top for "better" viewing;)

I'm of the opinion that proper enforcement of the 'no chat' rule would have been better than a 72 hr bump, but I think maybe that would have required more resources (mods) to do... I don't know?

And I do look at pages over 2, I am just feeling the slow down, I guess... ;)

Not to discount this theory, as I believe there is some validity to it, but I think part of the reason for this is that Game Wardens flooded the market a bit. They were big on the exchange for a while, but for the last several weeks they haven't been moving as much. Rarer knives still disappear in a hurry. I guess the real test will be when some fire wardens pop up on the exchange. That being said, I'm not sure I like the new exchange rules or that they have a positive result.

Yup - dead and lackluster.... just the way they want it.

And I am not touching this issue as I have been warned!! I screwed up last weekend and left a "comment" on a blade - actually gave additional info on it and got jumped on by two mods....... This is the nicer of the messages ...

"All the Best"

SO be it......I now OBEY! :thumbdn:

You have received a warning at BladeForums.com: The Leading Edge of Knife Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear TurnerIII,

You have received a warning at BladeForums.com: The Leading Edge of Knife Discussion.

Reason:
-------
Bumping threads in violation to the no bump rules

Please read, and follow the rules.
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
BladeForums.com: The Leading Edge of Knife Discussion

i just breezed thruough the exchange..... seems like there is lots of chat on other peoples threads..... spark needs to just accept that people chat even when they are buying or selling.... its human nature to say crap likw.... jeez if i had the money right now.... or man that is a great price.....

untill he gets it in his head that everyone does this i will stay away from the exchange..... the rulles are just what they are... rules... aka bullshit that makes lil sense when you envolve such factors like human nature.

I think gunning up to 72 hours was ridiculous. From 1 day to 3 days? I still don't understand this decision and maintain that a 48 hour trial would have been much more sensible.

In some respects, I wish now I hadn't just renewed the Gold Membership in November.

FWIW, Rat-30, I think the better place for this thread is Service and Support. Here, you're preaching to the choir.

You mean my FS listing is now on page 4 as well??? :O

I think an enforcement of 24 hours was a better first step. I think in a week or two, cooler heads will prevail. Let's take our time and SHOW that this isn't working. Starting a complaint thread can be dicey.

I agree completely with the 72 hour bump rulebeing too restrictive. I put two blades up for sale the other day. There were a lot of hits the first day, but once they got down a few pages, which happens very fast, there were very few hits. I would much prefer a 24 hour bump rule. Believe it or not there are a few of us out there that are trying to sell some of our collection for for some extra cash.

The exchange is a great place and I have bought quite a few blades on it. The community is full of great folks that have a common bond. That commonality will certainly spark comments about a blade or a desire to have such a blade. How did this become such a traumatic experience for the mods?:confused:

Like Guyon said, this thread would probably serve us better on the Service page. So, should we take it upon ourselves to alert the mods as to our disapproval of the ban, or would that just get us banned? Squeaky wheels get oiled, but do we want to get boiled in oil? ;)

In regards to Jaxx's thread I think the air has gone out of the GWs. Once Skunk stops thinking of different color combos to sell then Im sure they will start selling again on the exchange. I do think a 48 hours bump is more in order.

I buy and sell a good bit. I recently had a blade for sale and I kept reducing the price @$5 bucks a day to try to get it sold quick, without losing my shirt. I still thought it was okay to bump things every 24hrs until I saw this thread. I guess the only reason I didn't get a nasty email is my price reduction. I wasn't trying to circumvent the 72hr rule, because I wasn't aware that it had changed. I think 48 or even 24 would be fine. I wonder why it was changed? Does anyone know?

GregB

In some respects, I wish now I hadn't just renewed the Gold Membership in November.

Something that crossed my mind too. Many pitched in after the boards crashed last year and truly supported this excellent orgization. And I fully support the often thankless responsibility of being a mod...

But then this goes on???

It is a two way street and rules are needed and I now unquestioningly OBEY!
But come on..... lets work together.......

Hey, why are people complaining when they could be DRINKING?!? It all works just fine! Just drink more and be happy! No Regrets!

If you go to the exchange rules the only thing that will get your add locked is the excessive (less 72 hour apart) bumps to the top. Reducing your price is completely understood and accepted. There are a few other things that will get your ad back to the top without persecution. Check those rules.:thumbdn:

If you go to the exchange rules the only thing that will get your add locked is the excessive (less 72 hour apart) bumps to the top. Reducing your price is completely understood and accepted. There are a few other things that will get your ad back to the top without persecution. Check those rules.:thumbdn:

I would suggest it all depends on the mood of the mods................ After you - please....

I buy and sell a good bit. I recently had a blade for sale and I kept reducing the price @$5 bucks a day to try to get it sold quick, without losing my shirt. I still thought it was okay to bump things every 24hrs until I saw this thread. I guess the only reason I didn't get a nasty email is my price reduction. I wasn't trying to circumvent the 72hr rule, because I wasn't aware that it had changed. I think 48 or even 24 would be fine. I wonder why it was changed? Does anyone know?

GregB

Greg you were not in violation of the 72 hour rule if you were modifying your price. That is an adjustment on your part pertaining to the sale of your knife, not just you saying "Bump it up to the top". That's the way I read the rule last time I looked at it.

I agree, the exchange is over burdened with GWs right now, that probably has more to do with it than the 72 hour rule in regards to Jaxx's thread.

I don't comment much, but here's my perspective. I primarily trade in customs, but have recently been looking for a couple of Busse users. I bought a Warden on the exchange out of a for sale thread. Just know that there are buyers out there that you regulars don't see commenting much. Whatever the rules are, get your add to the top as much as you can. Personally I think there should be less than a 72hr rule. As far as the Busse market goes, I found out about the Fire Warden sale that day. Didn't get one although I added to my cart twice to find out they were already sold. That was almost as fun as shooting flying fish. Prices? Ask what you want- if I don't want to pay it I don't have to buy it. This is a game. Competitive games draw competitive people. If it were easy, it wouldn't be fun. Action junkies need action!

I'm glad it's dead.

It will show people that it doesn't matter how close to the top their post is if no one wants to buy their XXX knife.

I was thinking about upgrading to gold because 5 pm's isn't enough. If things keep going the way they have been I'll let my basic membership lapse.

Back