ALL NEW Busse Pets Thread

So adorable..... Her eye's say she looks happy but her mind she's thinking ..... I'm chewing some of your sht up for this you know right? LOL!

Chris, you got some crazy stuff bro! Only in Fl! When I lived in Va I acquired a couple different boa's from friends that got tired of them. One wasn't that big, maybe 4' and it escaped never to be found but I heard rumors a neighbor found a snake and made a pet of it Hmmmmo_O Another one was pretty big and kept in *at least tried* in a big aquarium - It was all fun and cool for a while but had a hard time when it came to feeding. He was eating baby bunnies and ducks by that time and although it's how nature worked - still kind of creeped me out and I can still remember the visuals - I felt bad for the food.... I didn't mind letting him go to a good home wit ha guy that had other boa's. But there was some drawbacks, like when they finally took a dump, man, it smelled like a buffalo died in the house HAHA! ~ Yeah, it was a easy one to let go. Besides, he was getting to the point he could really clamp down if he was upset. He would get out of his cage and next thing I'd feel him laying along side me in bed *you know how they seek the heat and can basically see it in a room* and he was hanging off both ends of the bed by then it kind of made me wonder if this thing might be able to take me out if he intended. Bottom line, fun experience, no regrets :thumbsup:
Yeah, snakes are funny. We breed Western Hognose now and they are very cool. They don't get very big and they have a lot of personality. They will flatten their heads, puff up and hiss like a cobra. It's pretty cute. Here's some babies hatching and one after she's out of the egg. The quarter is shown for scale.
Resizer_15631018363771.jpg
Resizer_15631018363770.jpg

We also have a 6 boas but they aren't full grown yet (only the 2 female common boas will get really big) so they're still eating rats. We feed all but a few (ball pythons can be very picky eaters) of our animals frozen/thawed prey items so it's not as gruesome. The black freezer behind the cat and chicken is the "rodent freezer".

Here are some ball pythons we produced last summer that we are in the process otf selling.
Resizer_15631018363772.jpg
Resizer_15631018363773.jpg
It literally feels like a zoo around here. :D

New member of the family :)

mu7V6Jn.jpg

My wife and I had dogs for kids the first 17 years we were married. Our German Short Hair was well past her expected lifespan when we adopted our newborn daughter, and lived for another 2 years. We held off on getting anything new until our daughter was a little older, then added this little gem to the family the day after Christmas.

She's a second generation Golden Doodle and is 10 months old and about 55-60 pounds now. She should be between 80 & 90 pounds when fully grown. I never imagined being a froo-froo hybrid dog kind of person, especially never figured I'd have a "Doodle" anything, but I'm sold. This dog is amazing, plays with all of the intensity of any puppy but the rest of the time has the demeanor of a 2-3 year old. Never nips our daughter, puts up with all of the kid stuff most pups wouldn't tolerate. She doesn't have an agressive bone in her body but at the same time is extremely protective of my wife & daughter.

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

Our store is kind of unique in that customers bring their dogs in with them quite frequently so we get lots of visitors and several of us keep treats in our desk. We have a couple folks with doodles and they are really sweethearts. They are so smart, lovable puffballs~ They never forget who has treats either! LOL! they make a beeline to those they remember. Damn smart dog.

Our store is kind of unique in that customers bring their dogs in with them quite frequently so we get lots of visitors and several of us keep treats in our desk. We have a couple folks with doodles and they are really sweethearts. They are so smart, lovable puffballs~ They never forget who has treats either! LOL! they make a beeline to those they remember. Damn smart dog.

Yeah, amazing intelligence!

She rides with us a lot and I started rolling the back seat window down when we'd go through a drive through of any sort just to give her some wind. One day a toll attendant gave her a treat and now it's a mandatory step at the bank, fast food or toll booths. Surprising how many places give her something. A girl at a fast food joint ran out of treats and before I knew it had slipped her a burger patty :)

I found a baby bird with his eyes still closed about 3 weeks ago. His parents never came back, so I helped him out thinking I would release him eventually. Well that isn't possible now lol. I kept him in my pocket all day long for a couple weeks and took care of him. Now he thinks I am mommy. He loves me, my family, and my dogs. His name is Money and is the new family pet haha. Little mofo is a pain in the butt, but is the coolest bird I've ever met! He now comes on command and responds to his name.

DDHqVNw.jpg

l5QkFbq.jpg

I found a baby bird with his eyes still closed about 3 weeks ago. His parents never came back, so I helped him out thinking I would release him eventually. Well that isn't possible now lol. I kept him in my pocket all day long for a couple weeks and took care of him. Now he thinks I am mommy. He loves me, my family, and my dogs. His name is Money and is the new family pet haha. Little mofo is a pain in the butt, but is the coolest bird I've ever met! He now comes on command and responds to his name.

DDHqVNw.jpg

l5QkFbq.jpg

LOL.. that's awesome! My daughter would love it :D

Don't order any snakes from WatermanChris!

LOL.. that's awesome! My daughter would love it :D

Don't order any snakes from WatermanChris!

Yeah she would love it. The neighborhood kids all come and knock on the door a couple times a week wanting to see the little guy. Everybody loves him haha. He's a funny sob. Already a good flyer too.

Yeahhhh no snakes for me! Money would disappear lol.

My wife did the same thing when she found a baby meadowlark. It grew to be a neat little partner, whether sitting on the porch or working in the garden, and would fly to her if she called out "hey Irv".:D He eventually flew out to our hayfield, and we like to think that he started his own little family. We DO have quite a few meadowlarks around here.:D

Wow! that's amazing. may I ask what type of bird it is?

Wow! that's amazing. may I ask what type of bird it is?
We first thought he was a sparrow baby, but now I'm 99% sure he is a European Starling. Which is super cool, because they actually talk/mimic humans just like parrots. So that will be fun:)

I'm just guessing on his sex, 50/50 shot lol. I won't be able to tell until he's an adult. Either way his name is still Money.

Here's one for the weird file..

We rescued about 20 tadpoles from our pool cover when we opened it and have been raising them in a tank on our kitchen counter. We probably have a mixed batch of toads and frogs but won't know until they all morph. This past week some of them started springing legs, and tonight one hopped onto a rock and is shedding what's left of his tadpole skin. Been fascinating to watch them.

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

Very cool Chad! That's really cool stuff for your daughter to experience because the whole thing of tad's to frogs is so amazing.
When we bought our property and built our house there was a muck hole with cattails in a spot in the backyard. This would've almost been a small swamp and this year certainly swampy with record rain. The cool thing is there are swamps in the woods near me and we have lots of frogs. I had one in the shop the other night, little tree frog that could sit on a penny and still move around - They are just the cutest little things and amazing how tiny they are. The funniest thing is, my wife surrounds the house with potted plants and waters every evening- the frogs will move in and live among the flowers and they will jump out of the pots sometimes and scares the begeezuz out of you if you aren't prepared LOL! I love em, keeps the bugs in check I guess.

We have tons of them in our yard too. They like to stake out a spot under the lip of the pool and around the various ground level decks I've built. We also have a partial sunken back patio and on cold nights they all flood that area to get below the wind. We've spent more than a few nights with one croaking away in the living room :)

Last year we had a tree frog she raised for a few weeks and every day we'd go out and find bugs for her ("princess" of course). When it got old we told her Princess needed to go back to her family, what 4 year old can argue with that. We let her go by our pond and now any time she sees a tree frog she thinks it's princess.

Back