ALL NEW Busse Pets Thread

So sorry man, there's nothing worse to go through.....but happy for you finding another best friend.... :thumbsup:
Thank you.
As it happens, I got him from the same shelter... which is only noteworthy because nothing local had "the right dog" (either time); so, for both dogs I crossed state lines & ventured into Newark... twice, for each dog (though there were different issues that necessitated the second trip in each case). No regrets, though - the right dog is worth the effort it takes to get him home.

*edited to add images, since we're on a new page
View attachment 1255413
View attachment 1255414

Last edited:
I’m very sorry hhmoore,
Very sorry...

I had to put my beloved Zoe to sleep in Oct, & it’s damn heart breaking...
I shared Zoe with my ex-wife, which was fine, she had lots of people to
care for her...

Me & my ex are also sharing our new pup Roscoe...
I don’t think I was ready for another dog, but I always thought
a dog would find us & that was Roscoe...
I don’t miss Zoe any less, but I love that we have Roscoe to love!!

So RIP to your friend...

And how great Kooper & you found each other!!
Roscoe says hi Kooper!
And I say hi, my name is Randy, but they call me Sixx...
Best wishes HHMoore, You too Leo63, long time no text...!!

Yes - definitely heartbreaking. When the vet came back in for the second shot, she found me lying on the floor, my pup's head on my arm. Seems to get harder every time...

My condolences on your loss, Sixx. I'm not ashamed to admit that creating this post has brought tears to my eyes. May Roscoe speed/ease your healing, as Kooper is mine.

Yes - definitely heartbreaking. When the vet came back in for the second shot, she found me lying on the floor, my pup's head on my arm. Seems to get harder every time...

My condolences on your loss, Sixx. I'm not ashamed to admit that creating this post has brought tears to my eyes. May Roscoe speed/ease your healing, as Kooper is mine.

Thank you HHM, much appreciated...
Yes this post has made my eyes leak as well...
I brought Zoe her blanket from home, and held her, her head on my arm,
and the vet nodded... And I walked my 265lb ass out of the vet clinic, sobbing
Into her blanket...

Nothing to be ashamed of my friend...
There are a LOT of people here, owned by dogs!
No need to be ashamed of anything...
It hasn’t been long since we lost our dogs, month or two?
So it is tough to talk about the new dog, without talking about the one we just lost...
We are loyal to them...
But loving our new dogs doesn’t mean we love our beloved dogs any less...
I have to keep reminding myself that, but I think it’s working...

Thank you very much for your kind words HHw, same goes...
If you want to see some pet pictures, wander over to W&C GreyLine...
We occasionally;) put our pets pics in our posts...
Best wishes!!

Hello folks!
My name is Roscoe!
I’ve recently been adopted by a redneck good ol boy (ol as in he’s Old!) who goes
by the name 6850(?) aka Sixx!!
Happy New Year all you hogs, dogs, cats, snakes, birds, fish, horses, goats, people & any that I missed!!
View attachment 1255258
Roscoe here is from 2 to 4 years old, the foster people said...
He is cuddly as your favorite cat, but makes for some funny times having a 90 lb lap dog!
He is fitting in like he has lived with us since he was knee high to a Border collie!!
Like Roscoe said,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all y’all!
With a special shout out to my W&C friends & Busse knife nuts as well!!
Sixx

That is one fine looking dog. Doesn't matter what kind, it has the Rotty markings, which I am obviously partial to. Congrats.

Had to put my boy down about 2 months ago
View attachment 1255403
RIP, my friend...

I was planning on not getting another one; but apparently I'm not that strong. I made it a little over a month. Kooper has been with me for 4 weeks. There are some issues; but nothing we can't work through.
View attachment 1255405

Man, I feel your pain. I'm so sorry to hear this. It has been 6 years since I lost my best friend, and I still tear up when I think about him. For me, we already had another pup picked out, but couldn't pick him up until 3 weeks after my buddy died. Longest 3 weeks of my life. I kept hearing my friend in the house, then remembering he was no longer here.

That is one fine looking dog. Doesn't matter what kind, it has the Rotty markings, which I am obviously partial to. Congrats.

Man, I feel your pain. I'm so sorry to hear this. It has been 6 years since I lost my best friend, and I still tear up when I think about him. For me, we already had another pup picked out, but couldn't pick him up until 3 weeks after my buddy died. Longest 3 weeks of my life. I kept hearing my friend in the house, then remembering he was no longer here.

Hey Dogboye, thanks for the kind words...
And for sharing about your pups...
I know what you mean, them dogs are part of life, a decent part!!

I’ll start a new post...

Hey fellers, DogBoye, HH, Leo, and all...

I’m with Roscoe today, at my exes place...
She’s working a lot due to this Coronapocalpse, she in a hospital...
I am a crippled busted redneck with no job...
Do me & Roscoe are hanging out...

a few weeks after we both adopted Roscoe, I was kinda liking the idea of having a full time dog at my place in the country...
We never had dogs this big, But Roscoe was so good, friendly, liked to play...

And, Roscoes brother was up for adoption!
So, I got him!

*note: The two Rottweiler brothers were called Raisin & Toast:rolleyes:...
So we renamed them Roscoe & Ruger!!

They knew each other right away, and played & played!!
Ruger was a bit bigger, but Roscoe was the boss...
Ruger was like a 100 pound puppy!!
Wanted to sit on your lap...

I was hanging at my exes place, having some house trouble at my place...
Also to dogsit these guys...

Then on a Sunday, 3 weeks after I adopted Ruger... He wouldn’t come back in, which was odd...
He was laying in the snow, with blood around him...???

I raced him to the emergency vet hospital...
And we found a little cut on his gum...
Looked like he bit a bone, so nothing major thank God...

But, when they took his vitals, something was wrong...
They’re talking emergency ultrasound, x-rays, and I’m like, “he’s got a cut in his gum, what’s all this other stuff about...

Well, they think he was choking on a bone...
For some reason, the vet told me, but I didn’t understand, was that Ruger had “Non Cardio Pulminery Edema...

He went from playing in the yard, to being in the hospital in about 2 hours...

Anyway...
After 3 nights in the hospital, the vet said there was nothing more they could do...

He was 100 pounds of healthy looking big ol Rottweiler, but couldn’t pull in enough air.
He was all right in the oxygen type pen...
But couldn’t breathe enough on his own...

Sorry man, leaky eyes...

so 3 weeks after I got Ruger, I had to put him down...
G-Damn, I got attached to him quick, he was the perfect dog for me...

Zoe passed in Nov, Ruger in Feb, RIP Zoe & Ruger...:(

whew, ok, sorry bud, for my post & I’m very sorry that you had to go thru losing a dog...

I know it happens to everyone...
But our dogs are OUR dogs to love then mourn, they pull at our hearts the most...

Best wishes to you Dogboye, thanks again...
Take care & hopefully this CoronaCrud doesn’t effect you, nor any of you great BFs folks...

Sixx

That’s Roscoe on the Left & Ruger on the right...
They can tear a “extra tuff” dog toy apart in about 2 minutes, and like to toss the fuzz around!!
Although We only had a Ruger a short time, I’m glad the two dog brothers got another 3 weeks together...
And glad that we also had Ruger in our life...

ok, take care all y’all!!
Wash yer mitts & paws & don’t touch yer face!!

RIP Ruger, we love you puppy...

88C7F8D7-FB75-475C-A8FC-143AEEA652A8.jpeg

Hey fellers, DogBoye, HH, Leo, and all...

I’m with Roscoe today, at my exes place...
She’s working a lot due to this Coronapocalpse, she in a hospital...
I am a crippled busted redneck with no job...
Do me & Roscoe are hanging out...

a few weeks after we both adopted Roscoe, I was kinda liking the idea of having a full time dog at my place in the country...
We never had dogs this big, But Roscoe was so good, friendly, liked to play...

And, Roscoes brother was up for adoption!
So, I got him!

*note: The two Rottweiler brothers were called Raisin & Toast:rolleyes:...
So we renamed them Roscoe & Ruger!!

They knew each other right away, and played & played!!
Ruger was a bit bigger, but Roscoe was the boss...
Ruger was like a 100 pound puppy!!
Wanted to sit on your lap...

I was hanging at my exes place, having some house trouble at my place...
Also to dogsit these guys...

Then on a Sunday, 3 weeks after I adopted Ruger... He wouldn’t come back in, which was odd...
He was laying in the snow, with blood around him...???

I raced him to the emergency vet hospital...
And we found a little cut on his gum...
Looked like he bit a bone, so nothing major thank God...

But, when they took his vitals, something was wrong...
They’re talking emergency ultrasound, x-rays, and I’m like, “he’s got a cut in his gum, what’s all this other stuff about...

Well, they think he was choking on a bone...
For some reason, the vet told me, but I didn’t understand, was that Ruger had “Non Cardio Pulminery Edema...

He went from playing in the yard, to being in the hospital in about 2 hours...

Anyway...
After 3 nights in the hospital, the vet said there was nothing more they could do...

He was 100 pounds of healthy looking big ol Rottweiler, but couldn’t pull in enough air.
He was all right in the oxygen type pen...
But couldn’t breathe enough on his own...

Sorry man, leaky eyes...

so 3 weeks after I got Ruger, I had to put him down...
G-Damn, I got attached to him quick, he was the perfect dog for me...

Zoe passed in Nov, Ruger in Feb, RIP Zoe & Ruger...:(

whew, ok, sorry bud, for my post & I’m very sorry that you had to go thru losing a dog...

I know it happens to everyone...
But our dogs are OUR dogs to love then mourn, they pull at our hearts the most...

Best wishes to you Dogboye, thanks again...
Take care & hopefully this CoronaCrud doesn’t effect you, nor any of you great BFs folks...

Sixx

Man, that is a rough story. I can't believe they couldn't get in to take it out, but I'm not a vet, nor do I play one. But that will really tear you up. I'm glad they got to be together with you as long as they did.

Man, that is a rough story. I can't believe they couldn't get in to take it out, but I'm not a vet, nor do I play one. But that will really tear you up. I'm glad they got to be together with you as long as they did.

Hey DB...
We found an arrowhead shaped piece missing from the big leg bone Ruger was chewing...

It wasn’t stuck or anything...
But, we think he was choking on it, & that’s where the blood was kinda sprayed as he choked...
The cut gum was a clue...

So, he’s not choKing, what’s wrong?

The vet told us dogs can get this pulmonary Edema, after a choking episode...
In just a couple of hours his lungs filled with fluid &!he was severely dehydrated... WHAT? I watched him drink all the time...

But, apparently a bad choking spell can cause this condition, the vet said he was sorry there wasn’t a better explanation...

Im not trying to drag out Rugers ordeal...
I just want to tell you DB & anyone else so your informed...

Who wouldn’t give a big beef thigh bone to a 100 pound Rottweiler, non cooked, straight from my butcher...
Apparently it’s safer to give the dogs synthetic type bones to chew...

I couldn’t understand it, we fed dogs bones at the farm all the time...
The same bone my butcher feeds her Kane Korso...

So I’m just putting this down for information...
Just so you can be aware of the possibility...

FYI we stopped letting Roscoe chew on bones...
I’ll buy him all the toys & Kongs & anything else...
I just can’t chance it again...

Ok, good texting with ya DB & others...
Wish you & your pups all the best!!
My name is Randy, but they call me Sixx on the GreyLine on the W & C forum if ya need to find me...

It was weird in town, shops taped off, take out only...
I know y’all know...
Just sayin Take Care folks & good luck...

I wonder if INFI kills then damn bat germs?

Thanks for the explanation, Sixx. Good to know. We still have bones laying around the house here from ... heck, I think two Rotty's ago. The current one never picks them up. Don't know why i don't get rid of them. Sentimental reasons, I guess.
Take care.

I lost a dog today. Nine year old German Shepard seemingly in good health until today. Terrifying to delivery people and squirrels, but desperately wanting to be friends with the cats. An all around good dog.

She seemed fine when she went out in the back yard today, but when she came in, she was a little wobbly. An hour or so later, she tried to get up and her hind legs weren't working. We took her to the vet, but she slipped away on the way.

Not a good day.

I have literally hundreds of knife pictures on my phone, but this one crappy picture of my dog:

e4mByG8.jpg

I think I need to reconsider my priorities.

Sorry to hear John, that's terrible and made worse by it being so sudden.

I lost a dog today. Nine year old German Shepard seemingly in good health until today. Terrifying to delivery people and squirrels, but desperately wanting to be friends with the cats. An all around good dog.

She seemed fine when she went out in the back yard today, but when she came in, she was a little wobbly. An hour or so later, she tried to get up and her hind legs weren't working. We took her to the vet, but she slipped away on the way.

Not a good day.
Holy ****! Yeah, that isn't a good day. I'm sorry to hear that. Losing your dog is a real kick in the ****. I can feel your pain.

Did the vet give you any idea what happened?

I’m so sorry JT, that’s lousy...
My heartfelt condolences mi amigo...
-Sixx

There are stone cool cats out there. That appears to be one of them.

Back